Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Hawt Colin Appreciation Thread

Options
  • 09-10-2006 9:52am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭

New thread for all discussion of Colin's hotness, plans to invate the Getyourcomics.com Batcave (Colincave?), plans to stalk Colin & co and/or steal their posters. I'll probably have to lock this thread in a little while, but until then no seriousness will be tolerated ;)

(Any legitimate discussion or questions about Getyourcomics.com can go to the original thread)

I will have to sign up for this once I have money again. Also, Colin be warned - after obtaining a pic of you last weekend you will most likely be stalked by Jack B Badd from now on! (I'll be tagging along but only to steal comic-related posters from your office...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Fysh wrote:
    Also, Colin be warned - after obtaining a pic of you last weekend you will most likely be stalked by Jack B Badd from now on!

I have dispatched a PM to herself with orders to withhold Stormwatch and The Authority GNs from yourself. Never let it be said your defamatory posts didn't have consequences... :mad:

Edit: that was a bit harsh maybe... Hi Colin :o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Hehehe, I can put in a good word for you (having actually TALKED to the guy and stuff) if you ensure the timely passing on of certain GNs.

(Incidentally, digging what I've read of Stormwatch so far)

I just consulted the dictionary and, lo and behold, being pimped out on the interweb by super-nerdified comic guy is the definition of "rock bottom".
    /me sighs

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Righty ho, I guess that means you don't want a lend of anything else in my ownership then. (Seriously - Super-nerdified? I think not). :P

I meant super-nerdified in a purely complimentary way, of course (Watch me backtrack, kiddies!). And lending me comics is a far cry from pimping me out tbh...

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, which I believe was Hot Colin...I mean GetYourComics :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Longshadow

Well .. this thread got weird ..
    So .. Getyourcomics (now operating from a stalker-proof Batcave-like sub-basement miles beneath the city surface complete with Giant T-Rex (what the hell was that all about anyway, does anyone have ANY idea why Batman would have a giant T-Rex in his cave? I mean, the guy's crazy, sure .. but a Giant T-Rex is Joker-crazy, y'know?) and my preciousss posters have Louvre-like security measures now too.)

See what you people have done? You've done turned me crazy(er).
    But this isn't exactly helping the thread get back on track either.

So .. um.. those Getyourcomics guys huh? great service..

Also, Hello Ms Badd, glad you enjoyed Stormwatch. Loved that series myself.

Oh sweet Jesus...my apologies. I'm not going to stalk anyone, I promise, so long as they keep sending me comics :)

Stormwatch was fantastic imo, I'm dying for more of The Authority too but my cc says no... :(

/me shakes fist at Fysh
    Stop trying to endanger my comic supply, you b*stard!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Miss Shelly

For shame! Colin!
    Who are you to question the Batman?
    If he wants a T-Rex, you just have to accept that he gets a T-Rex!

Okay.. Thread back on track..

Na... I just wanted to talk about Batman... :p

Ps... Ignor Colin, he just *adores* to be stalked!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

/me huggles miss shelly

do you have the secret location of the posterful office?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Longshadow

Likes being stalked!?!
    What the ..! But .. em .. sigh .. It's true..
    Gets lonely down here in the Getyourcomics-Cave. Just me and T-Rex .. Late nights in the office .. Looking into his big, long extinct dino-eyes .. ahem .. um .. yeah, anyways ..
    The secret location of the cave? Afraid it's accessible only by secret passage after submarine journey to the depths of the Lee followed by ardous trials at the hands of my loyal Aarkvark guards.
    Honest that's true. Just ignore the address on the website. Merely a front.

• Advertisement

Colin, is that you I've seen on rooftops recently, a long-caped silhouette in a battle against...uh....people with no T-Rex in their lives?

Cos if it's not you, that weirdo's hanging around the rooftops near my flat again. Goddamnit.

Loyal Aarkvark guards do not scare the dedicated stalker...I would speculate.

Hmmm...Mr. Moderator Man, perhaps dumping this silliness in a Hawt Colin Appreciation Thread would prevent this thread getting so sidetracked. Not that I'm telling you how to do you job or nothing :)

No sooner said than done.

Yay! And I appear less of a stalker by virtue of the fact that I didn't start the thread myself :D Mwahahahaha...cunning plans ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭thumbninja

Fysh wrote:
    New thread for all discussion of Colin's hotness,

awwww Fysh. We know whats really going on here. you're jealous aren't you.

don't worry - your cute too. especially when passing out from marker fumes. You're just one HOT little potato right now

Maybe you could start a Tolerably Hawt Fysh Appreciation Thread, thumbninja? ;)

the tepid temptation thread.. has a nice ring to it :rolleyes:

ah no.. wait.. the fiesty friends of fysh forum.. yup. thats the one for me
    *cheeky grin*

(was it yourself I met sunday morning btw?)

It was indeed - short, foxy, newly metalised. And I may have still looked a bit stunned from viewing the picture of the Adonis that is Hawt Colin :)
    Hehe...Tepid Temptation makes me giggle...poor Fysh.

Surely the Coldblooded Casanova Cult would be the best way? (Or maybe that just makes sense in my head...)

(silly spaced quote cause I can't resist)

"there's been a misprint on one of our titles"
    "oh? which one?"
    "Total Cult"

• Advertisement

Teehehe...thumbninja implied a bad word :)

:D

Well as the Colin's official Pimp..

I must object to this thread.

I'm not getting my money's worth here.

Please abstain from all declarations until the Credit card transfers have been completed.

Thank you.

:p

You got my number, Shelly, yeah?

You got my number, Shelly, yeah?

We've all got your number

You have my credit card number?! Dammit, cancel CANCEL!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i could post that pic of hawt colin if noone objects. :D

hawt guy who likes comics, what more could you want!

(no discounts for old old friends then shells??)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Tree wrote:
    i could post that pic of hawt colin if noone objects. :D

There's a pic of hot colin over on my blog :p

/me checks said blog

eh... discount off my Pimping? ... I don't know.

Well only if somebody can tell me where to get a emerald/tree green opaque nail varnish... Then, and only then will I talk about discounting.

My Ho' ain't cheap you know!

• Advertisement

Green nail varnish is ridiculously difficult to come by for some reason. I remember a few years ago I was looking for emerald nail varnish to match a dress and spent a few weeks looking in all the shops without finding anything. In the end the nearest I came to the colour was from a pound shop. Or you could try some of the cosmetics sites on the internet...but it may turn out to be the most expensive green nail varnish ever after shipping.

Advertisement