Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Hawt Colin Appreciation Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Miss Shelly

I thought so...
    Ah well Tree, guess that means no discount! Sorry!

I accept cash, and all major Credit Cards. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Longshadow

My very own thread .... Aw gee .. thanks Fysh.. *GLARE*
    If it wasn't me on the rooftops about your flat before it will be now. Or I'll at least send a dozen loyal Aardvark guards to .. keep you awake at night with bizarre aardvark noises? I needs me better, more threatening minions I think. And the damned aadvarks are always trying to eat the comics in the office anyway.

Mind you, if you don't think Aardvark guards are enough to keep away stalkers, Miss Shelly swings a mean pimp cane at non-paying stalkers.

Speaking of which, Miss Shelly, No Discounts! Bad Shelly. My cut sucks enough as it is without you discounting folk. And I wouldn't even wear that green nail varnish, so it's a definite no.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

I'll pay an extra 10% for Colin to wear the green nail varnish, Shelly!
    Seriously though, as the boss of a super-duper cool comic supplying enterprise you have to expect some adoring fans (read psychotic stalker-types) to want a piece of you. Honestly, I don't think anyone expected Fysh to be leading the stalker brigade though... Feel flattered, Colin, really ¬_¬
    P.s. Where did you come up with the username Longshadow? And what brand of toothpaste do you use? I need the info for my files...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I'm not so much a leader of the stalker brigade as an enabler for the rest of you, content to watch (and occasionally laugh with evil intent) from the sidelines.

Also, release the winged monkeys!

Deny your love for Hawt Colin no longer, man! Join the ranks of the stalker brigade and help turn him into a gibbering paranoid wreck of a man :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

he wnats to rule teh stalker brigade to trun them to his own uses

but we belong to hawt colin.... *drool*

can't find green nail varnish for love nor money, wanted some ages back to match my frog earrings, sadly it was not to be found. ive some nice blue we can use on him;....

Certain people could get me a Hawt Colin gift voucher for my up-coming birfday...
    /me eyeballs Tree

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i shall enter into private negotiations...

Hey Fysh, got your PM about becoming President of the Hawt Colin Stalker Brigade, I like some of your ideas, the pics of you in the 'official' t-shirt were a bit much though.
    Will discuss more details via PM.

And oh yeah, the name Longshadow is something a friend of mine happened to take to calling me the day I signed up to Boards. It's a faux-Indian kinda joke nickname (I'm 6 3") thing.
    Course all of the above is in my public profile..
    As for toothpaste, whatever I can manage from rummaging through the neighbours trash, mostly. This one time I found a really sweet oven cleaner that did the job real well. That was the week my last girlfriend left me, funnily enough.
    Ahhhh ... memories...

• Advertisement

The scent of desperation lingers in the air...

In the meantime, I have invested in a new purty digital camera to facilitate the Hawt Colin stalking :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa. whoa. This isn't my batman cup. But anyway. Who said "President"? I specifically said "tyrant and dictator for life". And those shirts have been printed up already so there's not a lot we can do about that, I'm afraid...

Hunting through Hawt Colin's garbage is its own reward :)

i trust hawt colin was suitably traumatised on hallowe'en night?

That poor boy...

:rolleyes:
    He'll get over it.
    He doesn't scare all that easily anymore... He's known me for a good few years now.
    Worked out all the fear of Crazy he had.

If I looked traumatized at all it's cos I've been off alcohol for almost two and a half months now. Going out just isn't the same sober.. .. Nothing is the same sober.
    *glassy stare of the addict*
    Luckily my 'back drinking' date roughly coincides with the Dublin Comic-Con. I may have a tradestand to run, but Goddammit I'll run it drunk, or at the very least hungover.
    Speaking of which, are people going to the pub quiz/get drunk the Friday night before? I'm presuming people are, right?

'I don't need alcohol to have fun. I just need alcohol.'

There's at least me planning on heading up on Friday for the quiz, probably a few others too. It will depend on work and the financial situation for myself anyway...
    I trust a drunk Holin will be more inclined towards conversation and less likely to go tharn when I try to talk to him, yes? :rolleyes:

Hehehe, I'd forgotten that we re-christened him "Holin" the other night :D

We? That was my flash of inspiration/inability to speak Engerlish, wasn't it?

• Advertisement

You stumbled on the phrase, then attempted to correct yourself, then agreed when I pointed out that Holin was in fact a great new name. I demand at least partial credit. (Whether I get it or not remains to be seen...)

[QUOTE=Jack B. Badd less likely to go tharn when I try to talk to him, yes? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

go tharn? me-sa confused .. ?

Have you never read Watership Down, Holin? Ye gods! You can probably get a comic version if you're really stuck...
    "Tharn is a fictional word to discribe an animal frozen in terror.
    In 'Watership Down' the term is used when the main characters, which are rabbits, see the headlights of oncoming cars and are frozen in place." according to wikipedia.

And Fysh, that would be like me trying to take partial credit for Nextwave just because I've read it and happen to think it rocks! :rolleyes: Although, we wouldn't want you to hurt yourself trying to come up with something original so yeah, leech off my witful stumblings if you feel you must :p
    I wonder how long we can get away with calling him Holin before he stabs one of us in the eye... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

Longshadow wrote:
    Speaking of which, are people going to the pub quiz/get drunk the Friday night before? I'm presuming people are, right?

I intend to go to the quiz but being in Dublin am obviously already up. Should we be forming teams?

I'm going to try and make my way up For the saturday...

I'll look for a comic version. I don't understand these 'real' books. How the hell are you supposed to know what's happening if there are no pictures?
    I'm not actually a stabby person. Honest. Though I must admit a particular fondness for that good ol' solution to all problems as most famously evinced by Franky in 'The Goon' ..
    'Knife to the eye!'
    And yes, I do realize the above two sentences may have somewhat contradicted each other. But if anyone wants to argue about it, well then ..
    Knife to the eye!

/me runs away from Holin and covers eyes :(

Hahaha, I fear not knives to the eyes! My Bad Pun-Fu will cause horrible horrible things to happen in your brain before you get close enough for the jabbing of pointy things in the eyeballs...

/me runs away from Fysh and covers brain

• Advertisement

Four to a team, no? Or am I remembering right.. I'm guessing teams are best formed on the spur on the night. I think I'll be travelling up with some unfortunates I'll have roped into staffing my stand, so there may well be a full 'Getyourcomics' team. Possibly maybe.
    (note, this complement of staff will include my little brother, who I fully intend on 'throwing to the wolves' of the Hawt Colin Appreciation society in my stead. He's such a pretty, pretty boy, he is. Ye have my permission to (ab)use him as ye see fit. And he he doesn't post to boards so he won't even know what awaits him.

Advertisement