Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I won a carphonewarehouse voucher in work today!

• 12-10-2006 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭

Worth 350 euro!

can anyone suggest a good camera phone for me to get?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

Brilliant ! :)

Well I'm sure you can add to it if the phone is over €350? I'd get the Sony Ericsson K800i Cyber-shot Digital Camera Phone if they have it.

The Sony Ericsson K800i is part of their Cyber-shot range for the high-end market and features 3G. Boosting an impressive 3.2Mega-Pixel camera, with auto focus, built-in xenon flash and image and video stabilizer function so you can take great photographs. Then share your photos instantly using 3G. It’s hard to take a bad picture. Get the picture you want with BestPic™. It takes a series of picture including some immediately before the camera key is pressed. You can pick the best and delete the rest.

Other options for sharing your pictures include adding text to the picture and send it to a blog site. The site is created the first time you blog a photo. you be text with the Web address and log in data. Send the address to friends and share your life in pictures. Printing pictures is simple. The K800i supports the PictBridge standard. Connect the phone directly to a PictBridge-compliant printer using the USB cable and print your photos without a PC.

With proven 3G technology built-in, mobile Web browsing, photo blogging, downloading of multimedia content and video calling become a pleasant experience. Visit real Internet sites with the Access NetFront™ browser and subscribe to automatic news updates with RSS Feeds. Multitask with K800i. Be engaged in a call or listen to the music player or FM radio while you search for information on the Web.

http://www.expansys.ie/p.aspx?i=132648

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Worth 350 euro!

can anyone suggest a good camera phone for me to get?

Poxy git!
    Now get back to work! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

BreadBoard wrote:
    Brilliant !

Well I'm sure you can add to it if the phone is over €350? I'd get the Sony Ericsson K800i Cyber-shot Digital Camera Phone if they have it.

The Sony Ericsson K800i is part of their Cyber-shot range for the high-end market and features 3G. Boosting an impressive 3.2Mega-Pixel camera, with auto focus, built-in xenon flash and image and video stabilizer function so you can take great photographs. Then share your photos instantly using 3G. It’s hard to take a bad picture. Get the picture you want with BestPic™. It takes a series of picture including some immediately before the camera key is pressed. You can pick the best and delete the rest.

Other options for sharing your pictures include adding text to the picture and send it to a blog site. The site is created the first time you blog a photo. you be text with the Web address and log in data. Send the address to friends and share your life in pictures. Printing pictures is simple. The K800i supports the PictBridge standard. Connect the phone directly to a PictBridge-compliant printer using the USB cable and print your photos without a PC.

With proven 3G technology built-in, mobile Web browsing, photo blogging, downloading of multimedia content and video calling become a pleasant experience. Visit real Internet sites with the Access NetFront™ browser and subscribe to automatic news updates with RSS Feeds. Multitask with K800i. Be engaged in a call or listen to the music player or FM radio while you search for information on the Web.

http://www.expansys.ie/p.aspx?i=132648

cheers man but i dont really want to spend more than 350
    Cabaal wrote:
    Poxy git!
    Now get back to work! :)
    :p you're just jealous

Why not? That doesn't make sense, you have a €350 voucher and you could get a great phone for an extra €40 or so :confused:

BreadBoard wrote:
    Why not? That doesn't make sense, you have a €350 voucher and you could get a great phone for an extra €40 or so :confused:
    in the middle of paying off credit union loan :o, and dont really need a phone anyway.

• Advertisement

Ah right :)

Maybe use it for x-mas, use to get a phone or two as presents if it doesn't expire before then.

BreadBoard wrote:
    Ah right :)

Maybe use it for x-mas, use to get a phone or two as presents if it doesn't expire before then.
    indeed, thanks for the info anyway it is actually a nice phone but bit too rich for my blood :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Get the Sony w810i then same phone with not as good (still brilliant) camera and not 3g

Other option would be to get a bill phone or something and use the voucher to pay the monthly fee or something if you can do that im not sure though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭maxitwist

so I f you spend say €200 will you get your voucher turned into a €150 voucher or do you just have to spend €350 or more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Get the Sony w810i then same phone with not as good (still brilliant) camera and not 3g

Other option would be to get a bill phone or something and use the voucher to pay the monthly fee or something if you can do that im not sure though.
    i doubt it. the monthly fee goes to the network. carphone warehouse only signs customers up to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

You can pay bills there so technically, you should be able to pay a lump sum off your account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

chrislad wrote:
    You can pay bills there so technically, you should be able to pay a lump sum off your account.
    if they let him do that then he can effectively pay off any bill and it wouldn't have to have anything to do with phones. i'd say they'd be pissed off if he went in there with his €350 voucher and his credit card bill. maybe not though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

chrislad wrote:

Oh? Is that a new service?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭sheepshagger

You could buy a Pre Pay phone. . and use the change from the voucher to buy a heap of credit. . .then youd have a phone and the running of for free (for a while)

Advertisement