Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bypass

• 12-10-2006 2:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    I have a bit of a problem. I have friends in secondary school and there web service provider (smart telecom) has initated a blocker on the websites that can be viewed. Which is have no problem with within reason, but the blocker is way to strong and blocks out all the normal sites that they wish to look up ie.bebo or what ever..

Last year the blocker was not as strong and a proxy bypass could be used to get around the blocker bit now, a huge list of bypassers have been tryed cough and none work. Anybody any ideas. All help appericated

(sorry if this is in the wrong section)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

greenfly wrote:
    Hey guys,
    I have a bit of a problem. I have friends in secondary school and there web service provider (smaet telecom) has initated a blocker on the websites that can be viewed. Which is have no problem with within reason, but the blocker is way to strong and blocks out all the normal sites that they wish to look up ie.bebo or what ever..

Last year the blocker was not as strong and a proxy bypass could be used to get around the blocker bit now, a huge list of bypassers have been tryed cough and none work. Anybody any ideas. All help appericated

(sorry if this is in the wrong section)

The service provider hasn't put a block on it. The system admin has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

Never the less how can i get past it in order to view normal decent sites, and not have them blocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

there could be loads of ways..
    i can think of a proxy for starters, using encryption...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

The Tech moderators have a policy against telling people how to circumvent protections and blockers. I have reported this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

The Tech moderators have a policy against telling people how to circumvent protections and blockers. I have reported this thread.
    what he said - locked

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Ironcially if they stopped wasting their time on bebo and cracked a book they could learn the skills needed to work it out for themselves.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement