Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband Ripwave speeds??

Options
  • 12-10-2006 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Can anybody let me know what speeds you can get with the Irish Broadband product 'Ripwave'?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

If it was sold as flat rate two channel wireless ISDN everyone would be happy.

It can go several Mbps, but 60kbps to 200kbps is more common. Depends how many people are on the sector. As the sector gets loaded the ping times go up to nearly 2000ms. If you get it I hope you are on a lightly loaded sector.

IBB Breeze is a much more stable / faster product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Farrell 11

Thanks for the info.

It's for my mate. I'm on Smart Broadband and very happy. But he told me he was getting the ripwave thing and it has download speeds of 10Mb. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

Farrell 11 wrote:
    Thanks for the info.

It's for my mate. I'm on Smart Broadband and very happy. But he told me he was getting the ripwave thing and it has download speeds of 10Mb. :confused:

:eek: 516K max!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Like most companies involved in the business of providing access to the Internet, Irish Broadband actually have a website!!!!!

The web page for Ripwave describes the specifications of the service, including the upload and download speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Farrell 11 wrote:
    (...) But he told me he was getting the ripwave thing and it has download speeds of 10Mb. :confused:
    HILARIOUS! :D:D:D Post of the month in my books!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Fastest I've see it go was 250k. Mind you it did that all afternoon flawlessly. On what IBB think was an otherwise empty sector. I had it mounted on books at focus on an MMDS dish and pointing at base 9km away. The range with the built in aerial normally is 1 to 2km.

watty wrote:
    Fastest I've see it go was 250k. Mind you it did that all afternoon flawlessly. On what IBB think was an otherwise empty sector. I had it mounted on books at focus on an MMDS dish and pointing at base 9km away. The range with the built in aerial normally is 1 to 2km.

Mine has never dropped below 460k since I've had it, usually running high 90% according ISPtest...

dogpile wrote:
    Mine has never dropped below 460k since I've had it, usually running high 90% according ISPtest...
    Ah, but I bet you that you're not 9km away from the base station!!!!

Foxwood wrote:
    Ah, but I bet you that you're not 9km away from the base station!!!!

where is the base station and I'll let you know!

dogpile wrote:
    where is the base station and I'll let you know!

Somewhere near the middle of the yellow circle.

• Advertisement

Oh yeah you're right I'm not, as the crow flies:D

Advertisement