Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats My Mains Pressure?

Options
  • 12-10-2006 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,
    anyone know whats a good way to figure out what my mains pressure is?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭tapest

GreeBo wrote:
    Hey all,
    anyone know whats a good way to figure out what my mains pressure is?
    Thanks

Hi GreeBo
    I just got this info myself over last couple of days. I could give you the "expected" or "desired" pressure....that is desired by the council. But I won't bother,'cause it won't be much good to you . If you e-mail the council and give them your location, they'll respond with all the info you need, ie Size and age of mains in your area + material of pipework and any known issues ie lead pipes etc. Very helpful . My council is Dublin C.C.
    Regards
    t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭flocker

There is a device that has a flexible rubber tube and hose clip that fasten around a tap and reads the pressure. I think Rothenburger make it, it should be available from plumbing merchants.

Came across this it looks like it would connect onto a washing machine valve.

http://tbx.toolbankexpress.com/category.cfm?CFID=222025&CFTOKEN=27504350&rID=1&code=3696&nx=0CC90F116EE52D6E63A8CC1D86D609F5a3993y

Advertisement