Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Greatness of U.C.D. Connect

Options
  • 12-10-2006 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭

While sifting through my emails on connect i came across this one. I thought it deserved to be posted up:D :D:D I havent a clue who this guy is. He sure has some balls[pun intended];) its good to see ucd connect is in full use by some students:D :D:D

<<SNIP: some guys personal details all over the web. taken down.>>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

poor guy left his machine logged on and someones having fun I suspect

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

haha funny shit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

reminds me of my coming out thread... I never found out who did that either!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

I love how he emailed himself the thing too. "Hi John, I saw your email and am interested. What are your interests and fetishes? Love John, x".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I love how he emailed himself the thing too. "Hi John, I saw your email and am interested. What are your interests and fetishes? Love John, x".
    If you send an email to one of the ucd connects email lists (e.g. the list of all students), instead of it listing every address that it sent the email to, it just shows the senders email instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

So.. have you replied yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

not very witty or original

but it makes up for that in childishness

tee hee

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I didn't get one:( I feel unloved.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I would have thought those lists would be locked, but sadly they aren't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Indeed they aren't. I believe someone made use of our economics one to tell the whole class that "everyone smelled" except him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Waltons wrote:
    Indeed they aren't. I believe someone made use of our economics one to tell the whole class that "everyone smelled" except him.
    I was wondering why I got that:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I assumed it would've been someone from comp sci, but it appears economics students are also familiar with blackboard tomfoolery!

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

The funny thing about this sort of thing is that few people realise that these emails also go to your course instructor, and blackboard admins. I've seen a few people getting caught out with that before.

It usually turns out to be where someone either (a) let their friends use their laptop or (b) leave themselves logged in on a lab computer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Yeah I know one lecturer who purposefully had his email put down just as a student and/or demonstrator on the lists he was involved with in order to receive all the emails students sent - I know of two people getting caught out by this one.

In saying that the same lecturer also put said non existant student into my group last year causing us much aggrevation and despair aswell as his slight embaressment when we finally figured out his mistake and a sudden understanding as to why said person hadn't been responding to his emails.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

ah now this is UCD Connect lads, poor old blackboard is innocent!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Waltons wrote:

Dam dam why didn't I do this-I had perfect access to a friends blackboard site earlier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

So we can use the Blackboard email lists to talk to anyone in your courses once you know their name right..

Thats pretty cool you could send party invitations to everyone and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Chakar wrote:
    So we can use the Blackboard email lists to talk to anyone in your courses once you know their name right..

Thats pretty cool you could send party invitations to everyone and stuff.
    How have ye not known this?? Its been the only way I've contacted my year about class partys. Saved a lot of time having to ask 230 people their e-mails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

gubbie wrote:
    How have ye not known this?? Its been the only way I've contacted my year about class partys. Saved a lot of time having to ask 230 people their e-mails.

Well for one it didn't work properly, last year before Christmas.Seems to be fixed now.

Advertisement