Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java Webstart question...

Options
  • 12-10-2006 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys...

considering using this, and I've been wondering about the following:

http://java.sun.com/products/javawebstart/overview.html

"A main feature of the Java Network Launching Protocol and API technology is the ability to automatically download and install Java Runtime Environments onto the users machine."

I thouight that for a client to use Webstart, they needed Java installed. Am I mistaken? Or is this saying that you need *some* version installed, but if its not the right one, then the right one will be downloaded for you...

Anyone able to clear it up (to save me having to do some tests).

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

is this saying that you need *some* version installed, but if its not the right one, then the right one will be downloaded for you...
    If you are implementing it over a webpage, you will need to embed Javascripts to detect and install the correct version of Java. I'm not sure what the action is if you just double click on a JNLP file on the file system.

Advertisement