Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen Extractor Fan

Options
  • 12-10-2006 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,
    Im in the middle of installing a kitchen extractor fan when I discovered that the connection on the fan is 120mm rather than 100mm (like all the ducting I have purchased)
    B&Q only sell 100mm ducting and the hood people only sell 120mm ducting
    anyone know where I could get an adapter?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

I had the same issue when installing an extractor about a month ago. When no other solution came to mind, I stuck the 4" hose into the 5" connection and masked it up good and tight with duct tape. Seems solid as a rock, don't think it'll be a problem.

But that's my opinion.....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭esquier

Chadwicks have an adaptor 100mm > 125mm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

hafele.ie do various versions of adapters too

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭hargo

125 mm ducting should be widely available and worth using as it will significantly cut down on the noise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Hey thanks for the links, hafele.ie have a 125 to 100, that should do it

Im joining the 100 to a flat duct (so it wont be seen)
    I havent seen any 120 - flat adapters anywhere (or even 125 regular ducting for that matter)

thanks!

Advertisement