Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nipple piercing torn...

Options
  • 12-10-2006 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

My girlfriend is just after tearing out her nipple piercing, as in, literally cutting her nipple in half.

Yes, ouch. Anyone tell me how long it will take to heal? She's been to the doctor who could do nothing but bandage it up and tell her to let it heal itself...how long, she didn't say.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭bilbo79

id say a couple of weeks bud-after a couple of days it will start to heal but dont play with it for awhile!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

HavoK wrote:
    My girlfriend is just after tearing out her nipple piercing, as in, literally cutting her nipple in half.

How or why did she do that? I'd say it would be about a month before it healed and she might have a scare, but I'm just guessing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Thanks guys. She was getting outta the shower and the ball end somehow got caught in the door...and riiip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

Omg... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 stingy

it hurts like hell. when i was gettin out of shower the ball of bar got caught on corner of the door..... nipple in two halves now.

outta curiosity, does anyone know if it'll be ok to re-pierce once it's healed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

It'll be fine i know loads of people who've had it happen mainly at gigs, never heard of it happening from a shower door, but goes to show you gotta be careful.

@ stingy it'll be fine to repierce will probably be a bit sorer this time due to the scar tissue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Giant_Killer

Funny cause I nearly had mine ripped out getting outta the shower to.. was lucky tho.. decided to take it out at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

I feel ill... My sympathy to your girlfriend :(

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

Dear god that sounds painful..
    I'm glad I've a shower curtain now..
    Hope it heals soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

The healing time depends entirely on the individual, and how careful you are with it. It'll take a good few weeks at least, and she may well be left with a scar. Similar happened to me at a gig a few years ago, and the evidence is still there... (not noticeable at a glance, but I know it's there).

She needs to be extremely careful to avoid infection, believe it or not the situation could still be worse.

• Advertisement

doc told me to wear same bandage till bout monday. tuesday if possible. can't imagine very hygenic!

i actually feel depressed over my loss. i loved my piercing.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

You were probably advised to wear the same bandage to prevent any air (and therefore airborne germs) from getting at the wound.

Poor stingy :( It's not a very nice feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

happened to myself at a gig, was working crowd control.. i had only done it that day as well... it took about 2/3 weeks for it to heal and the tenderness go down... just make sure its clean.. not too clean or it wont heal very well. and the chances are if the healing isnt agrovated and all goes well they can pierce it when your all healed up.. id give it a few months tho tbh.

ah well. I'm gonna get the other one done next week!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

"Ah well" indeed, when your other nipple is a horrible shade of purple! Can't see how you're so enthusiastic about getting other one done so quickly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

its an addiction ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

stingy wrote:
    outta curiosity, does anyone know if it'll be ok to re-pierce once it's healed?

You'll have lots of scar tissue. (It happened to me). I got it redone and to be honest it wasn't the same because the sensitivity was gone. It looked a bit uglier too because of the tissue. My piercing actually grew out after this. So the third time the guy really dug in deep and christ did that hurt but again it grew out and I had even more scar tissue. It was great while it lasted though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Jesus mayr mother of god and the ox and the cow and all the saints can't imagine that's fun.... I usually catch mine in my bracelets.... ****. Ouch.

just as an update -

got the other one done there on tuesday. :D

and the other one is much better. no pain at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Well they say saliva is anticeptic and allows your tongue piercing to heal quick enough.

Maybe try applying saliva *somehow* to the area?

And also OUCH!!!
    Nightmare!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭topher182

:eek: god that sounds bad!!! when piercings get ripped out its sick! ive seen an eyebrow ripped out and its not nice! cnt imagine how bad that was!!

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Professor_Fink

Hi Stingy,

I've ripped on of my nipple piercings a few times (although not entirely out), actually on the shower door two. Seems to happen with barbells more than CBRs or circular barbells.

Basically, it heals up in about 6 weeks, and it's no real problem to get repierced. There'll be a bit of scar tissue, but it's not really noticable. What gauge was it pierced at?

In my experience, larger gauges tend to be less prone to rips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kyroxic

I actually tore mine quite a bit, same incident that:o your girlfriend had, I got out of the shower and my bar got caught on the door and I walked out so fast and than it just snapped and kept bleeding (suprisingly it hurts less than the actual piercing) but I'm gonna get stitches tomorrow for it... cuz I just taped it shut for now... cuz it needs to scab up a bit lol
    hope your girlfriend is alright though!! I share her pain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

omg that must hurt like a b!tch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Woah necro thread. Still though OUCH. If got my nipple bar caught on the edge of the shower door too and it hurt like ****. Didn't rip out though. I can only imagine how painful that'd be :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 NatashaBreann

I did the same thing just Monday, but I was getting in the shower and it caught and ripped out. I haven't been to the doctor cause my parents didn't know about it at the time. But after it heals and "reattaches" itself it should be fine to re pierce shouldn't it? Because out of panic I took the other one out and I miss it so much. And also I'm concerned about breast feeding when I have a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

i dunno If the torn one would be repierceable, depends on how well it heals up, and if there's much scar tissue. Best talk to a piercer.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I haven't been to the doctor cause my parents didn't know about it at the time.

Just out of curiosity, what age are you? Just wondering as you mentioned about not getting it taken care of because of your parents! Nipple piercings generally shouldn't be done on ladies under 23, as the area tends to be developing until then!

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

Ouchies, i had bar in my nipple and got caught in rack while working some years back and tore my nipple in similar fashion. Took roughly 3 months for it to "heal" but looks kinda deformed. Dont expect your girlfriends nipple to go back way it was :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement