Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outgoing email server on Vodafone 3G Unlimited

Options
  • 12-10-2006 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

THis has been working more or less perfectly until yesterday. I can't call vodafone data support as its after hours.

Trying to send with both outlook express and outlook is getting the same error:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'Patrick@ofarrellauctioneers.com'. Subject 'Can you report the phone fault?', Account: 'mail.121solutions.ie', Server: 'mail.vodafone.ie', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Do we now have to authenticate to use mail.vodafone.ie as the oputgoing server?

If it makes any difference, we're using the Linksys router for the link. But surfing, inbound email etc. all works fine. This error occurs for a few different email accounts, all use mail.vodafone.ie as the outgoing though.

Any help anyone please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Patrickof

Hmm, managed to get it working by putting outgoing mail through a different server that I can relay through (it requires a logon which I have). So this means its not a problem at my end.

Has vodafone changed the authentication for using their outgoing mail.vodafone.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

This problem should be reoslved shortly

This problem should be reoslved shortly

What does that mean?

Are you in vodafone?

Is it a known issue?

Is there a resolution to this yet? I'm still pushing outbound emails through a third party server.

Advertisement