Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best SmartPhone to get?

• 12-10-2006 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    Work want me to get a phone, preferably with Windows Mobile 5 for testing. We have a load of Blackberrries, and need to try out different handsets for web browsing, email retrieval etc.
    Looking at the ipaq or palm treo.
    Anyone recommend one? Would like one with wi-fi, think the new treo doesnt have wi-fi.
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I have the N91, and I'm fairly happy with it. Has a 4gb hard drive which would be useful for ya. Wi-fi too. Here -
    http://www.infosyncworld.com/reviews/n/6844.html

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

garlad wrote:
    Hey,
    Work want me to get a phone, preferably with Windows Mobile 5 for testing. We have a load of Blackberrries, and need to try out different handsets for web browsing, email retrieval etc.
    Anyone recommend one? Would like one with wi-fi, think the new treo doesnt have wi-fi.
    Cheers

I have a Sony Ericsson P990i. Simbian not Windows mobile but does have wifi and 3G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I have an O2 Atom Pure, in girly white.

Runs WM5, has Wifi plus loads of other extras and is small enough to fit in a handbag, sorry, pocket (seriously, it's really small)

I lurve my phone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

garlad wrote:
    Hey,
    Cheers

If you want WM5 and WiFi, look at iMate SP5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Well if it doens't HAVE to be windows then look at the Nokia E61. Wifi, great browser and 5 or 6 push email solutions.
    garlad wrote:
    Hey,
    Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Be warned that the iMate SP5 (aka XDA IQ) isn't a full WM5 device. It's not touch screen, and you'll find that a lot of apps that would work on a "full size" WM5 device may not work on a Smartphone..... if it's for testing that is ...

Advertisement