Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAD in D.I.T.

• 12-10-2006 9:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

Just wondering does anyone know what cad program the college uses, e.g. autocad or microstation?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

almost sure i saw autocad on the machines, but i'm not 100% clear since i don't have to use it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Yes they mainly use autocad for teaching purposes, but microstation is available on request in some departments.
    Personally i prefer microstation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The department of architecture and architechural technology use AutoCad 2007. If you have mocrostation on a laptop theres nothing to stop you using that either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

Solidworks & Rhino are also in use in Bolton St.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

The cad situation for Product Design is rediculous we have 20 licsences for 34 of us. Half our class couldnt work on Monday because of it and CadLight wasnt on any of the computers so we couldnt use that instead.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

we use cadmostly, haven't checked to see what else tbh...do they have those packages in mountjoy square?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

The cad situation for Product Design is rediculous we have 20 licsences for 34 of us. Half our class couldnt work on Monday because of it and CadLight wasnt on any of the computers so we couldnt use that instead.
    Let me guess . . . first year. It gets better as you go on, i'm in 4th year now and we've had no problems like that since second year. There's hundreds of solidworks/cad computers around bolton st., you just have get access to them.

On a side note, mountjoy sq. use Autodesk Architectural Desktop (version of Autocad) but are starting to bring in a bit of solidworks for certain things this year

Advertisement