Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

At what Mileage should a timing belt be changed on an opel Zafira 1.6?

Options
  • 12-10-2006 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

The brother in laws timing belt went today on his 2001 Opel Zafira with 52k miles only on the clock.The main dealer said it should have been changed at 40k.It seems very low mileage to change a timing belt? Dunno if the car has full service history.He bought ift from a mail dealer though in Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

40,000 Miles of 4 Years, whichever sooner. i work for an opel dealer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

i think most cars are 40 -50k.shud of at least been in for a service at 40k

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

Thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Various Opel dealers will tell you anywhere from 36k-40k miles. Don't let it go much more as they do snap. Also be sure to get the tensioner and water pump replaced at the same time.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

crosstownk wrote:
    Don't let it go much more as they do snap.
    I think the OP found out the hard way!

• Advertisement
Advertisement