Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop for Audio Editing

• 12-10-2006 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭

Ok a mate is looking for a laptop which she can use for editing Audio, she will be using an external soundcard like M-Audio or Digidesign.

She has been advised to get a Laptop with 2gb RAM, Centrino Duo, 7200rpm hard drive.

Now I have come across 3 options:
    HP 2045EA with 1gb Ram T2300 1.66ghz and 100gb HDD 5400rpm for €1249
    Sony FE31H with 1gb Ram T2300 1.66ghz and 120gb HDD 5400rpm for €1399
    Philips X54 with 2gb Ram T2300 1.66ghz and 100gb HDD 5400rpm for €1299

Any opinions or other suggestions around that price range and spec?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Requesting move to, appropriate, Laptop forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Fair enough but I want opinions based on the technology its going to be used for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

What are the requirements for audio editing? Is it just horepower, memory and disk space?

If so, then it's really down to manufacturer preference. I would give the HP a miss and go for the Sony for sheer build quality. I haven't heard anything either way on Phillips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

If shes serious about it she'll avoid all of the above and get a Mac. They're the best for Audio and Video editing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

What a nice balanced argument :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement