Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning Economics notes?

Options
  • 12-10-2006 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭

Ok I need help...I just can't do it! They won't stick....anyone got any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Ah Roe, I expected better of you :). Don't worry though, Adam will help you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Had a test today on short questions...results on Tuesday or Thursday...wish me luck! and don't "Ah Roe :)" me, you've needed help before, *cough* IRISH *cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

Don't worry I take it this is stuff like supply and demand? Just think of things like the substitute good and how if the price of it goes up, the demand for your good will go up KEEP THINKING ABOUT HOW IT AFFECTS YOUR GOOD!!!

As for Elasticity, just think of abd elastic band, seemed to help me! Either way don't worry, I'm repeating and didn't do a lot of economics until the last week before the exam and got a D2, they mark it easy in comparison to most!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Just keep going over them again and again!
    Also test yourself on short questions from exam papers, and your workbook, best way to learn them roe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Don't worry I take it this is stuff like supply and demand? Just think of things like the substitute good and how if the price of it goes up, the demand for your good will go up KEEP THINKING ABOUT HOW IT AFFECTS YOUR GOOD!!!

As for Elasticity, just think of abd elastic band, seemed to help me! Either way don't worry, I'm repeating and didn't do a lot of economics until the last week before the exam and got a D2, they mark it easy in comparison to most!
    I would have to disagree with you there. Economics is incredibly easy to lose marks in. There is rarely one set of correct answers (unless asked to define something) and you generally have a lot of freedom, but if you waffle or fail to logically explain something, then you'll undoubtedly lose a hefty amount of marks.

As with all subjects though, if it's touch and go as to whether you'll get an E or a D, then they'll mark you much easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

Actually if you know your stuff I think you'd be fine, I practically took up the course in the last week and waffled a lot and only attempted 2 long qs and a few shorts and got the D2. I guess if u can be specific it's helpful, it's not a hard subject since I'm doing it properly now and getting As so far.

Advertisement