Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mobile phone pay monthly - pay as you go?

• 13-10-2006 12:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just bought two phones off Ebay I received them today.

There locked on Vodafone network the guy said he will send me the codes in two weeks he has sent away for them and was told they would take 4 weeks that was two weeks ago there on vodafone Uk.

Anyways on the front of the box it says Pay monthly, when I get the codes I can use my pay as you go sim right?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

what phones are they, yes once they are unlocked they can be used on any network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

pay monthly and pay as you go make no difference whatsoever. its a network lock only and once you get it unlocked that doesn't apply either :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

Nice one cheers.

Was ****ting myself a friend came in said they wont work because there pay monthly.

Dr there Nokia N80's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

Nice one cheers.

Was ****ting myself a friend came in said they wont work because there pay monthly.

Dr there Nokia N80's.
    :(

BreadBoard wrote:
    :(

WTF??

Is that how you got over 300 posts in one month?

• Advertisement

yeah

Edit;

Sorry no, I should of been more explanatory. The Nokia N80 like all Nokia N-Series phones is a new type of phone by Nokia called BB5, basically you can only unlock these phone by getting the unlock code from the network operator to which the phone is locked too. The sad face was just my way of saying you'll have alot of hassle trying to get the unlock codes, if you get them at all.

Best of luck :)

Oh right.

Yeah I know they cant be unlocked unless by the service provider, the guy told me he sent away for them and had to pay money and would forward the codes on to me.

Cool :)

I hope you receive them soon so you may enjoy the phones :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Oh right.

Yeah I know they cant be unlocked unless by the service provider, the guy told me he sent away for them and had to pay money and would forward the codes on to me.
    thats why you should have bought sim free n80,cause you might be waiting a very long time for codes.it was a waste of money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭myjugsarehuge

Does sound a bit like a scam unfortunately. I just bought a MOTOROLA V220 flip phone from the UK for my daughter. The seller said it was unlocked, I was a bit wary but it turns out to be great and a €15 o2 sim card was all I needed to get it up and running. Had a panic when it asked me for PIN1 codes or PUK or something but the shop sorted it out for me.

The last phone I bought of ebay the guy wanted me to send paypal payment to a different email addresss which I refused to do and ended up reporting him and he got banned. He was a complete scammer, I'd probably never of seen my phone if I'd paid him the way he wanted. You have to be so careful.

I had problems selling a contract phone. The guy I sold it to in the UK promised he would transfer ownership with Orange (I brought it in the UK just before we moved to Ireland not realising there was no coverage here). The bastard did no such thing, so I had the phone barred, but he never transferred ownership and Orange wanted me to keep paying the bill each month for a phone I didn't possess. I told them f**k off but they chased me for months for 80 quid.

They've given up now after I told them I was skint but they could send the debt collectors to stay in my B&B to generate a bit of income if they liked :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Does sound a bit like a scam unfortunately. I just bought a MOTOROLA V220 flip phone from the UK for my daughter.
    you poor unfortunate person. that is quite possibly the worst phone ever made. i can pretty much guarantee you it will break in a few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

you poor unfortunate person. that is quite possibly the worst phone ever made. i can pretty much guarantee you it will break in a few weeks
    What he said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭myjugsarehuge

Well its lasted a month with no problems and it didn't cost much so I'm not complaining. There was €20 free credit with €15 sim card so that paid for itself. My daughter is 12 and happy with it, she doesn't use it much anyway except the odd text.

I'll know for next time though. Thanks guys.

Advertisement