Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good books

Options
  • 13-10-2006 1:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey,

Does anyone know of any really good,new , books out because lately their are hardly any decent books coming out.:o

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

read all the other ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Reluctant to recommend something I've not read myself but The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield is supposed to be very good. I know she got an £800,000 advance for it but that doesn't mean it's any good :)

As Mordeth says...have you read everyhthing else out there already?

If you haven't already, read Jonathon Norrell and Mr. Strange by Susanna Clarke? It's one of the best books I've ever read. Think Harry Potter for adults written in the style and with all the intelligence and wit of Charles Dickens and you'll nearly be there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

we should really have a big long thread where people post what they are reading atm, and write a word or two about what they think of it :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

we should really have a big long thread where people post what they are reading atm, and write a word or two about what they think of it :cool:

:D I agree we could call it something like This week, I are mostly reading... :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Promote this man! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 through my eyes

r3nu4l wrote:
    :D I agree we could call it something like This week, I are mostly reading... :D

hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Esmereldina

Hi, I'm new to boards, though i'd visit and see what literary wisdom was being passed around here ;) Have you read any books by Haruki Murakami, the Japanese writer? He's one of my favourites... He has a fairly new book too, On Kafka's Shore. Well, it's about a year old I think. Another book I just finished lately was We need to talk about Kevin. Its narrated by a mother whose son shoots some of his classmates dead at the age of 16. It's really good, in a chilling sort of way...

Advertisement