Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US economy swings - good for dollar linked mortgages?

Options
  • 13-10-2006 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭

http://www.unison.ie/irish_independent/stories.php3?ca=184&si=1703716&issue_id=14749

Interesting article on the indo yesterday. It considers the impact on the Irish economy if the US economy succeeds in addressing the deficit in the trade balance.

I am very interested in this subject because I am convinced that the US dollar is due to suffer some wild swings in its exchange rate against the euro as a result of either the US international partners getting tired of feeding an unsustainable position, or the US deciding to bring its economy to a more balanced position.

The reason why I am interested is that I think that foreign currency linked mortgages may provide some interesting opportunities to reduce euro mortgage balances if handled properly.

Is anyone out there looking into this? What is your feel about the timing? Is the dollar likely to drop soon?

Advertisement