Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Packard Bell Store & Play 50 Gb

• 13-10-2006 9:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭

These units are discounted to clear at PC World. Intrigued by the spec. and attracted by the price I bought one last night.

As an external hard drive it's working. Connecting to the TV is a problem.

I have tried 3 different TVs, 2 different cables & 3 different SCART adapters. Each time the menu screen from the unit is not clear and there is a buzzing sound. It's as if the AV channel on each of the TVs is not tuned correctly, but how can one re-tune an AV channel ?

I suspect it is a bad unit and will probably return it.
    I also suspect is is a PAL/NTSC issue but am unclear how to resolve that.

As I first learned about these units on this messageboard, anyone else here have a similar problem with this product and were you able to resolve it ?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

No problems with my one so far. Only it did not support one type of codec.

Anyway, this is how I hooked it up to my TV.

Scart Connections:
    Unplugged the DVD Scart cable from the TV
    Connected the SCART Adapter to the Cable with the 3 colour leads. Which should be included with your HDD.
    Inserted this into the Spare AV connection at the back of the TV
    Connected the other end to the HDD

HDD Power:
    Connected Power cable to the HDD
    Plugged in Power cable.

HDD Remote:
    Removed plastic backing on the Remote control
    Held the on/off button for more then 1 second

TV Remote:
    Selected the correct AV channel
    Pressed the folder button on the HDD Remote and a OS showed up on the TV.

It works great, If that still does not work for you bring it back and get a replacement or money back....

Best of Luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Dont want to gatecrash TarfHead party but can you update the codecs of the net Dammer or are you stuck with what youve got. Who makes the unit/software for PacardBell or is it their own

Cheers Cubix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

Dammer wrote:
    Anyway, this is how I hooked it up to my TV.

Best of Luck

I followed this to the letter and it's now working - WTF !

Mate, I owe you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,368 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Had a similar problem the first time i hooked it up, if you don't push the video cable firmly in the drive the video and audio signals cross over and give bad video signal.

Also had another problem with one of the two drives I got, it had a plastic spacer in the sd card reader. When putting the drive together they had forgot to remove a plastic stopper from the card reader. Had to take out two screws and open the front to remove the piece of plastic.

Advertisement