Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3's Sell out

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

I heard something like there is now only 5 ps3's for sale for every shop in the US. Although its Sony, a brand we have trusted for years, I hope this turns belly up on them. Its looking really bad for the average gamer, in terms of availability and cost...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Hey Sony can put the price at whatever they want...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

DarthWraak wrote:
    I heard something like there is now only 5 ps3's for sale for every shop in the US. Although its Sony, a brand we have trusted for years, I hope this turns belly up on them. Its looking really bad for the average gamer, in terms of availability and cost...

i heard that maximum a shop can have 8 :D which doesnt make any difference at all...

p/s:sony is using the same strategy again(actually all these years,if you may say).....remember the first release of PSP....?haha....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

they used the same strategy for the PS2. The christmas it was released it sold out but was outsold by the dreamcast 5:1 (not to mention not having any games worth playing). Of course there was no news articles in the papers about the Dreamcast outselling the PS2.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Retr0gamer wrote:
    they used the same strategy for the PS2. The christmas it was released it sold out but was outsold by the dreamcast 5:1 (not to mention not having any games worth playing). Of course there was no news articles in the papers about the Dreamcast outselling the PS2.

yes, but the fact that you couldn't get a PS2 for love nor money made it more desirable. then add the "you know john? he got a ps3, he says it's bloody incredible" factor, and you've got huge market demand.

reading the press right now (edge, who granted are normally very neutral anyway, gamesTM, etc.) it seems the blunders of e3 and beyond are being forgotten very quick as the launch looms (for america/japan anyway). also, in the past week i've been asked a bunch of times when the ps3 is coming, and how much it'll be by random customers in my shop!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

According to my brother, his company's only getting 2 PS3's. When the 360 was launched, everyone in the company got one (that was excluding the ones given for testing purposes), and it's going to be the same for the Wii.
    Apparently Nintendo's going to have a few million units for sale on launch, or there abouts. Where as Sony's only going to have a few hundred thousand. Those figures are off a bit, but that's the general jist of things.
    John here pioneered the concept of marketing by refusing to sell any products. It drives the market insane.

Roffle, that's brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Digital Life coverage, Flier with PS3 information. I like the look of the red LED on the six axis controller. Looks nice.

Flier links included.

http://mivadika.com/forum/showthread.php?t=857

Also hands on with IGN UK, take a look

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/738/738858p1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

And finally Max cops on himself

http://www.maxbarry.com/2006/11/22/news.html#ps3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

hopefully the ps3 will flop and be a complete failure its reley just a ps2 with better grafix and you should play games for story and gameplay not grafix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

hopefully the ps3 will flop and be a complete failure its reley just a ps2 with better grafix

Er, it's really really quite very much not a ps2 with better graphics. At all like.
    And, much as I'd find it funny to happen, it's not going to flop either. The launch was a complete haymes, but that was expected already. This time next year, it'll have pulled it's act together and I'd imagine will be doing rather well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Spike wrote:
    Er, it's really really quite very much not a ps2 with better graphics. At all like.
    And, much as I'd find it funny to happen, it's not going to flop either. The launch was a complete haymes, but that was expected already. This time next year, it'll have pulled it's act together and I'd imagine will be doing rather well.
    We'll wait & see... while the DS pwns all! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Don't know if this was posted before, but I pissed myself when I saw it. It's too funny to be true :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CTy7Nx0oPI

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

humanji wrote:
    Don't know if this was posted before, but I pissed myself when I saw it. It's too funny to be true :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CTy7Nx0oPI
    Yeah they did it for the 360 launch aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Slurms wrote:
    Yeah they did it for the 360 launch aswell.
    and the wii

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Ri_Nollaig wrote:
    and the wii
    shows how much of a ninty fanboi I am...
    Had a good laugh at the PS3 one but I won't go near the Wii video:p

Advertisement