Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick

Options
  • 13-10-2006 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭

Prob heard before, or at least a similar ver... but still i liked it:

The new Limerick manager sent scouts out around the world looking for a new centre forward to replace his old and decrepid players hoping to win the Sam Maguire. One of the scouts informs him of a Young Iraqi GAA player who he thinks will turn out to be a true superstar.

The Pillar flies to Baghdad to watch him and is suitably impressed and arranges for him to come over.

Two weeks later Limerick are 4-10 to 1-10 down to Kerry with only 20 minutes left. The manager gives the young Iraqi lad the nod and on he goes.

The lad is a sensation, scores 4 goals in 20 minutes and wins the game for Limerick.

The fans are delighted, the players and coaches are delighted and the media love the new star. When the player comes off the pitch he phones his mum to tell her about his first game in the Championship.

Hello mum, guess what?" he says. "I played for 20 minutes today, we were 3 goals down but I scored 4 and we won. Everybody loves me, the fans, the media, they all love me."

"Wonderful," says his mum, "Let me tell you about my day. Your father got shot in the street, your sister and I were ambushed and beaten and your brother has joined a gang of looters, while you were having a great time."

The young lad is very upset, "What can I say mum, but I'm so sorry."

"Sorry?!" says his mum, "You're sorry???? It's your fault we moved to Limerick in the first place!"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

lol. Very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

haha, best one I've read in a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

:D that's a good one.

What goes clip-clop, clip-clop, bang, clip-clop, clip-clop?

The sound of a drive-by shooting in Limerick

Now before any of ye jump down my throat I've been in college there for the last 2 years..........................unfortunately :D only jokin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

we're on a roll here....keep them coming

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

LOL - classic. :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

Excelllente!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Rolf :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Limerick gets a bad going over in terms of jokes!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Hmmm, it was clearly wrote with Dublin first tho, "The Pillar" is dublins manager...

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

love it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

hehe ...good one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

thought the pillar coached the dubs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Hilarious!! I feel so much safer living in Limerick now :|

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

LOL. Classic. :D:D:D

Advertisement