Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackhawk miniguns

Options
  • 13-10-2006 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Only recently got into playing BF2. I used to play desert combat and loved being on the mini guns in the Blackhawks. They where great for mowing infantry down.

So I was playing on that level with the mosque in the centre and thought this would be a great time to give the mini guns on the BF2 Blackhawk’s a go.

No matter what I did it’s next to impossible to kill infantry with it. Jeeps and armored cars I could kill but not men. What’s the point in having them if they are next to useless?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

They were recently "modified" in one of the patches, don't ask me why....
    They used to be lethal, as they should be...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

dent wrote:
    What’s the point in having them if they are next to useless?

Same question I always get asked by my girlfriend. I'm sure they had a purpose once, but the life got sucked out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

They used to be absolutely devastatingly powerful. Area effect of about three or four feet, massive damage. You could just spray an area and it wiped out any infantry nearby.

Then the patch changed it and they are now indeed completely useless. I think the only kills I've gotten from those guns since the patch (1.3 I think) have been when the chopper landed in the middle of a hostile flag and I killed a couple infantry at close range.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Keyzer wrote:
    They were recently "modified" in one of the patches, don't ask me why....

Indeed, the last patch made them more powerful.

EDIT: Woops, miniguns weren't touched, it was the armor that was upgraded.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Ponster wrote:

Tanks did seem to be more trouble than usual. Or maybe they just gimped my lovely chopper again...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

krazy_8s wrote:
    Same question I always get asked by my girlfriend. I'm sure they had a purpose once, but the life got sucked out of them.

you do know it's bf2 we're talkin about :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

mastuurk was easy before that patch if you got a squad and got in the chopper no-one could take you down if you got a bit of damage then you had engineers repairing your chopper

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

They were far too powerful compared to the mec copter, mec had a severe disadvantage. always thought they should have pumped up the mec copters but instead they deflated the blackhawks. the blackhawk made mashtur almost unplayable and AA was poo back then too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

A couple of engineersto repair mid-flight, a couple of medics to repair, able to easily take 4 AT rockets, miniguns that killed people you weren't even aiming at, being able to cap flags without having to get out of the chopper....ahhh, the glory days of pre 1.03 BF2 :)

I was one of the people that tried to get the chopper changed as it was ruining the game (some maps only lasted 3 minutes, the time for the chopper to cap all flags and mop up the remaining survivers, but they did kill it too much in the end, nerfing too many different elements.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Ponster wrote:
    Indeed, the last patch made them more powerful.

Yeah, the must have put invisible force fields around infantry as well then...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

It would be cool if they had different AA for the maps with helis only, like a quad cannon stuck to the ground, like in desert combat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Keyzer wrote:
    Yeah, the must have put invisible force fields around infantry as well then...

Definately, i used loved taking out guys in copters with the m95 or any sniper rifle, seems impossible now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

When ea nerf something they overdo it. Like when the attack choppers got nerfed. Missiles reduced from 12 to 8, armor reduced and aa improved. They were massively overpowerd :p A skilled pilot + gunner are still devastating though except for those hidden humvees, damn it I hate them.

Advertisement