Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting hurt in school

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

I dont know why some teachers have this blazzey approach to controling the pupils. Its like "well its not my child". No they may not be your child but they are under your care and as such "you" could be sued if any harm comes to them. If you have no sucess with the princ please do go to the school board. The local one that is. Normally there is a school board which have parents involved in it and they have meetings every once in a while.

I feel for your little guy.

By the way, the parents of that other little fecker should have been informed and should have translated to their child. Im sure they have enough english.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

Thanks for the replys.

Bored and Tired I tend to agree with you that this is just boys play, but he may be getting a little carried away or is just a little thougher/stronger than the other kids. I spoke to him last night and told him rough play is not allowed especially in school and that he needed to listen to teacher and do as he was told. As punishment I took some of his favourite toys from him and told him he would get one back each day he was good in school. He was a little upset but seemed to understand what was happening and why. It's strange as when we ask him what he done in school or who he played with the first name he lists is the little guy he is picking on.

Noby Good Idea about the play date will try and arrange something for some weekend where he can invite some of the guys over.

Just hope we nipped this in the bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

Since it's nearly 2 years since the original post in this thread, Id be really really interested to hear from the original posters, if they're still around, to hear how it all worked out... what worked and what didn't?

Advertisement