Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

going gaurator for a student loan

Options
  • 13-10-2006 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭

Doing this for the brother, but ive filled the form out already, but i just noticed that i'm to fill it in at a branch office in the presence of bank staff. D'ya think they'll let me away with it?

*edit: arggh title mispelling, the shame of it :(

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Make sure its a one loan only guarantee and that no amount can EVER be ADDED to the loan save accrued interest if he misses a payment or bank charges if applicable .

Also note on the form that you are to be informed personally (immediately) of any specific non performance .

Also note on the form that the guarantee is void once the loan is reduced to €0 and the loan account is to be closed at that point

Banks have a sneaky habit of finding €0 loans that have been cleared off and reactivating them without the knowledge of the guarantor , I know a father who was hit by the bank 8 years later when his young lad was in Australia . The loan account had been cleared to €0 and the bank had reactivated it about 4 years later .

The guarantee still stood.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I actually went into a BOI branch office to fill the form out from scratch, and the form he got me to fill out was slightly different. the line about it being witnessed by a BOI branch was changed to the garauntors bank :confused:

totally conflustered now, why would i need to have a BOI form witnessed in a TSB branch? It'd be easier to just give the fekker the cash meself lol

Advertisement