Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL Connection Problem BT

Options
  • 13-10-2006 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi There, since Wednesday the DSL light on my Belkin Wireless router has been flashing. I'm assuming it cannot pick up the DSL signal from the line. I've tried the router on a different phone point (i.e. the main one in the hall) but same result. I had an extra phone point installed on Saturday for Sky - but all was well from Saturday to Tuesday night. I'm thinking it can be one of several issues:
    1. Fault at the Exchange
    2. Faulty router
    3. Faulty micro filters. Unlikely as I tested it against 2 different filters.
    4. Fault between the junction just inside the hall door and the phone point in the hall.

Am I missing something here?:confused: Does anyone know is there a any gadget able to test the quality of the line?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

BT connection has been all over the place for the last few days, i don't think it's a hardware problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Disconnect everything from the phoneline including the Sky box. The check the DSL light.

Try the BT supplied router/modem, if you have one, or borrow a friends. Any one will do. It doesn't have to be a BT one. See if it syncs and the DSL light stays on. Belkin modems are known to be problematic like this.
    BT tech support won't help much unless you are using their equipment.

To rule out any filter problem, plug the modem in directly into the phone socket without any filter (it doesn't need one anyway).

When you have ruled out as much as you can in the house and you still have a problem, ring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 5euros

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your advice on this.:)

Rgds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ellefsenmc

my bt broadband was activated 20/10/06 and since then my connection goes off every 10 mins and doesnt come back on. ive rang bt and they say they will ring us back which they dont. we ring them every day just for them to say the same thing. ive also emailed them but they dont reply. please help as this is doing my head in

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

problem with bt voyager 220v connections
    Where did you get the BT Voyager? Are you in the UK?
    And what do you mean by "problem with 220v connections"?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

ellefsenmc wrote:
    my bt broadband was activated 20/10/06 and since then my connection goes off every 10 mins and doesnt come back on. ive rang bt and they say they will ring us back which they dont. we ring them every day just for them to say the same thing. ive also emailed them but they dont reply. please help as this is doing my head in

This could be a line problem - what speed did you sign up for?

Have you checked your line stats?

Advertisement