Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Was i wrong?

• 13-10-2006 11:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Alright... ill keep this short...
    Before all this happened i already had 2 F**k buddies, grand, i wanted more... my friend started chatting to this girl and he really liked her, he introduced me to her and we became friends... after 2-3 weeks he still had made no progress with her and she told me that she doesn't like him in that way and never would.

Was i wrong to make her my 3rd buddy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

No. Though you probably should have let him get used to the idea that he wasn't going to have any success first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭greenkittie

No not wrong as such but if you were my "friend"....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭free2fly

I would never do that to one of my friends. It's just a code of honor issue. If I know that a friend of mine likes someone I would stay away no matter if she was getting anywhere with the person or not. My friendship is more important than having sex with someone. I'm not judging you OP. I'm just stating what I would do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

do you think it's wrong?

What do you expect people here to say? You've outlined the situation succinctly.

He likes her. He is going to be upset when she spurns him. You've no emotional interest in her. You just want the f*ck.

How do you think your friend will feel?

The question is - do you care?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

U broke unwritten man rule #1 buddy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭theTinker

I think you were wrong, You didnt even care about her other than shagging and you knew your friend liked her. Its a bit sleezy.
    It is a concrete rule: Dont touch a friends interest. Especially if you dont really give a crap about her. You already had 2 fb's, nothing but greedy to feck your friend over for another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Life's too short, get all the vagina you can. I would have done the same, your friend making no progress is not your fault.. but.. I would keep it on the QT. Loose lips sink ships..
    hah
    TK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

not wrong exactly, but a bit greedy and selfish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭oulu

If she meant something to you then I could understand but for the sake of a shag, I think you did this for your ego to be honest maybe time to grow up you sound about 17 but are more 22 I woud say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

if you have no real interest other than screwing her then yeah you're in the wrong

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

In fairness, she has no real interest other than in screwing him, and zero interest in the other guy at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Yes you were in the wrong, that's your friend for **** sake!!! Regardless of how he is progressing with some chick, you knew he liked her and so should have respected his feelings and stayed away. If you had feelings yourself then i would be less inclined to think you were selfish fúcking prick.

I'd hate to see how you treat your enemies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

Dude you broke no rules, sex first everything else second. Will you PM me her moms number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

Dude you broke no rules, sex first everything else second. Will you PM me her moms number.

Why dont you PM me your ma's number :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

bro's b4 ho's mofo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

I would but as she is dead Im sure this would be a pointless exercise. Anyway why you trying to be nasty with me dude ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Most women will come and go - good friends will be friends forever. It's always worth bearing that in mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭oulu

if you treat your mates like that then you will be billy no mates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

3?? I'd be happy with one...

You probably should have run it by your friend first? women come and go, friends stick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Why dont you PM me your ma's number :rolleyes:
    Behave!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭darkflower

:mad: you're in the wrong. just because you're better in strategies doesn't give you the right to rob you're trusted friend's girl. look at you now, you're conscience is eating you up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Most women will come and go - good friends will be friends forever. It's always worth bearing that in mind.

I never said he was a good friend,, just a friend :)

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,753 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

If I was your mate, I'd be pissed off about it.

Then again, if I was you, I'd be happy out.

Whether or not you were wrong is entirely subjective. You were only wrong if you regret it now, or will regret it in the future.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'd be really píssed off too. That's not cool, IMO.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

my friend started chatting to this girl and he really liked her, he introduced me to her and we became friends... after 2-3 weeks he still had made no progress with her and she told me that she doesn't like him in that way and never would.

Was i wrong to make her my 3rd buddy?

Did you bother to mention this to your "friend" before you made the third girl? Courtesy to a friend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

If I was your mate i'd be annoyed.

Do you actually like this girl?

Advertisement