Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should TNA now be considerd competition for the WWE?

• 13-10-2006 11:34am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Competition breeds creativity, we all remember the Monday Night Wars/the attitude era. I wonder is TNA now ready to try and compete?
    angletnazn5.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

They're a wrestling company in North America so they are competition. But they're so far off the radar no matter what way you meassure it.

Declining tv ratings over the last 12 months, tiny ppv buys, no live tv, running in the same building for every single televised show and very few house shows. Plus, they have never made a profit. Angle will make a difference. But no one person in 2006 could turn that all around and make TNA become a serious competitor to WWE.

On an Angle a quote he made on their tv last night really struck me ""It's OK, I have doctors around me 24/7."

In saying all that, I hope TNA do succeed. It's good for every body. But I find the hype that people give them sometimes,is totally unfounded when you look at the evidence above.

The show that is and will hurt the WWE is UFC. And the business could be changing like it has in Japan. Pro wrestling in Japan is and has been in a big downturn and its MMA that is filling the demand that wrestling once supplied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I agree with Vince. Pro Wrestling as a whole is on a downward slope at the moment and of course WWE is mostly the reason why. TNA has just got bad timing with the whole thing. Also as good as the wrestlers are, not any original TNA wrestler has much star appeal. It's the ex WWE/WCW wrestlers that are pulling in the big bucks for TNA so in that way, TNA are no competition for WWE because the can't make there own big name wrestlers.
    I've always thought TNA need one break out wrestler that the fans will love and then milk for everything he has like hogan/the rock/austin etc...
    I do hope TNA make it big and make WWE create better stories/feuds and better wrestlers because i do prefer to watch TNA nowadays instead of RAW but i dont like to have to download it to watch it. Also an hour is too short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

I've always thought TNA need one break out wrestler that the fans will love and then milk for everything he has like hogan/the rock/austin etc...
    Thats the point that has let tna down, and will continue to. If they would only give joe a shot at it, I think he could do it for them, AJ styles was WAY over in tna a few years back, they just seem to put him in a cycle of a heavyweight push, x division push, then limbo for a while and of course back into the title picture again.
    Dont even get me started on there use of raven....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

I would have to agree, Jeo is there strongest accet. They need to have more long term champions thus making the pushes they give more meaningfull. There seems to be a new champ every couple of months and so your left with AJ just going round in circles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Have only watched TNA once or twice but i reckon that without Live TV they can't hurt WWE.

By the way. The poster is cool but still gutted that angle is still wrestling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

didn't TNA announce a deal a few weeks ago that they were going live? maybe i misunderstood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

What you're probably thinking of is their announcement that they're going primetime. Moving from 11pm on Thursdays to 9pm. Although I've heard Spike plan to give them some live specials next year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I don't think TNA is any real competition to WWE yet but they are making headway, now that they've got a prime time tv slot they might start to get more veiwers and increase there PPV buy rates.

Advertisement