Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Legal limit in clubs

Options
  • 13-10-2006 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Does ANYONE know what the legal limit that the loudness in niteclubs should be set to and what is the best way to measure it to record how loud it is??

Iny:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

there ARE legal occupational safety limits, but the main problem in ireland is that 99% of pub / club sound sytems are ridiculously badly maintained and tuned...

as a result the top ends are mad high, and these are the bits of sound that can actually damage your hearing...

i never understood why people would voluntarily go to see a rock band in a small ****ty venue - it's a recipe for hearing damage... like it or not, most dance music tends to be a lot kinder on the ears because it's been made by someone who knows they have to engineer it to sound good on as many different soundsystems as possible - you can turn a bass note up ridiculously loud before you run into trouble...

and yet, oddly enough, the db counters that the likes of the county council use will measure the bass to determine whether or not noise is a nuisance, because it travels further...

bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

hmmm, i would 80 decibels? i think thats what it is for stereos and mp3s etc. but its probably much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

i know the valve sound system can produce 136 db of bass but they've never turned it up that high....

140 is enough to give cattle spontaneous abortions.

:eek:

Advertisement