Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mastodon's new1-Blood Mountain

• 13-10-2006 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

any takers?

bit of a head phuck... but some precious moments on it..

<snip>

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

It's kind of... meh. I wasn't blown away by it at all. Bit of a let down tbh, the last two albums were incredible but Blood Mountain just leaves me a little cold tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 e.doobie

yea, wasnt too impreesed..
    but then like i said..some precious moments..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Have had remission on near constant rotation since I finally got it (as a US import-wtf??) last month. Loved Leviathan. I've been meaning to order the limited edition copy of blood mountain from their site with t-shirt and dvd, but I need to borrow a family members credit card number:D

I've heard Capillarian crest, crystal skull and the wolf is loose, and I think they are all great, but they seem a bit....denser than most songs on the other albums. Feels like it will take a few listens to truly get into it.

As far as the album goes how does the "blood mountain" concept manifest itself? The thing I loved about Leviathan was that the album was more than the sum of its parts because the concept behind it held them all together. Is there anything like that with this album in your opinion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I've been meaning to order the limited edition copy of blood mountain from their site with t-shirt and dvd, but I need to borrow a family members credit card number?

Tried to pre-order that a while back, they won't ship to Ireland :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭BleakestH

I think it's fantastic, like a mix between the head****ery of Remission with the groove of Leviathan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Still haven't heard the blighter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Felt pretty let down by it, was quite unimpressive, especially coming from Mastodon, wouldnt be an album I'd recommend to someone as a must have album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I'm taking a turn on this one and saying I really, really enjoy it. It's been my most played album for a while now. Don't know why, but I'm really liking it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I think it was ok.
    But I never really loved Mastodon.
    I felt the other albums were in the same category of having a mix of very good songs and very dull songs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

I really like it.Its my first taste of Mastodon though so I didnt have anything to compare it too when listening.

I`ve since bought Leviathan but havent had a chance to listen to it.
    Growling vocals arent usually my thing,but I do make the odd exception and Mastodon are one of those exceptions,although I do realise its not the only vocal style on the album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

John wrote:
    Still haven't heard the blighter!

I went to buy it this evening and left the record store with four CDs, none of them Mastodon :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

John wrote:
    I went to buy it this evening and left the record store with four CDs, none of them Mastodon :(
    Lolz, I've done that before a few times, there's nothing more frustrating when you get home and have thought about what you've done. :D

Haven't heard the album yet, so might pick it up this week. Really enjoyed Leviathan, can't remember how much of Remission I've heard, it's been a while since I listened to them (and my music collection is stuck on a hard disk somewhere with no computer for me to plug it into).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I didn't think much of it to be honest. I saw them about 6 weeks ago and they played a lot of stuff from Blood Mountain too, but it just didn't click with me.

The new Maiden album, however...

Advertisement