Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bully (Canis Canem Edit) threatened with injunction in Florida

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Lawyer Jack Thompson

I got that far and stoped taking it seriously.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

From the same link
    Mr Thompson filed his legal action last month, claiming that the game would violate Florida's public-nuisance laws.

They are typically used to prosecute environmental pollution.

Special special American law people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Do people still take Jack Thompson seriously. Because that's a frightening thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

is this game going to be good? thinking of getting it for my ntsc console on videogamesplus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

does the fecking eejit realise that he's just creating publicity for the game?
    it looks pretty "meh" to me, anyway

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I'd say Jack Thompson has a lot of fans out there - parents who'd rather blame video games for their children's psycological problems quicker than their own poor parenting.

Jack Thompson is the poor parent's easy path to a clear conscience.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I'd say Jack Thompson has a lot of fans out there - parents who'd rather blame video games for their children's psycological problems quicker than their own poor parenting.

Jack Thompson is the poor parent's easy path to a clear conscience.

Qft!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

bizmark wrote:
    Qft!

Forgive me - but

qft - quit ****ing talking?

or

qft - quoted for truth?

Not too up on my net slang

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Forgive me - but

qft - quit ****ing talking?

or

qft - quoted for truth?

Not too up on my net slang

or even quite ****ing true :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭monkey tennis

Doesn't look like a particularly interesting game, so I'd say Jack Thompson and co are probably the best thing that could possibly have happened for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

"I'm pretty sure that the game is harmful to minors," Mr Thompson told the Washington Post newspaper.

Even Jack Thompson isn't taking Jack Thompson completely seriously anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

Even Jack Thompson isn't taking Jack Thompson completely seriously anymore.
    lmao :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Anybody who reads GamePolitics should know by now that yes, Jack got owned.
    Then he sent a big nasty letter to the judge (and press!) saying how, in essence, he was right & the judge was wrong.
    Oh, and of course:
    When kids start showing up in ERs with slingshot wounds at the hands of Bully enthusiasts, don’t blame me.
    :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I hope this game is compareable to the classic Skool Daze.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

tman wrote:
    does the fecking eejit realise that he's just creating publicity for the game?
    it looks pretty "meh" to me, anyway

I'm pretty sure Penny Arcade wrote that before, and he sent them a mail calling them morons who have no brains from playing games too much.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I hope this game is compareable to the classic Skool Daze.

never say I dont give anything back to boards :)

http://www.spectrum.lovely.net/Skooldaze.html (tis only a demo, but love the old school)

and it just gets worse

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6063502.stm

They wont sell Bully, but they will sell GTA - strange that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

All this confuses me highly. Seriously, all this rubbish is based on the name alone - which they have changed here and Britain! It's all completely illogical. Anyone whose played the game (such as IGN's very positive 8.9 review) has said it is pretty innocent. Sure, there's the odd Indian Burn, but hey, that's just what school is like - Jack Thompson clearly doesn't know that as he was created fully grown in a lab by some evil scientist fella.
    This whole fiasco is censorship gone horribly horribly wrong. Next the shall be banning Psychonauts for saying it teaches kids to use psychic powers for mischief, Lego Star Wars for corrupting our kids into hitting things with glowing sticks, and Katamari for promoting folk running around with balls and rolling stuff up.
    We're through the looking glass here people.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Bully's doing very well on GameRankings -- 89% last I checked.
    Now, for the EDGE review...

• Advertisement
Advertisement