Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sloppy Irish men

• 13-10-2006 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭

there are a few things I hate seeing an a woman. I HATE HATE seeing big girls in belly tops, I hate seeing a girl with 50 rings on each finger, I hate loads of piercings and I hate that sh*tty writing on the ass of trousers.

most, if not all of the above were already mentioned, so here's a chance for the girls to b*tch and moan about what they hate seeing us men wearing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I'm a fella but could I just register a strong protest at guys that wear tight jeans with those orangey coloured caterpillar boots..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

stovelid wrote:
    those orangey coloured caterpillar boots..

Tell me about it!!
    What is it with those desert boots??
    Girls, do you like them?
    I think they look awful!
    I'd never wear a pair in my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Marts wrote:
    I hate loads of piercings

What? A woman with a face full of metal is sexy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

No, no she isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

depends if she has big tits, thin waist and a nice ass or not. the metalness is more a distraction.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

a FEW peircings are sexy (ears, nose, eyebrow, tongue). A lot of peircings is just bordering a fetish.

Anyway, back on topic.

Question for the girls on football tops? I bloody hate them and I think they look crap and like a pack of sheep as every 15 year old and up wears one.

Celtic jerseys are the rankest of all and just screams of chav.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There is a uniform to going out in Ireland: white checked shirts on the lads and short skirts on chubby girls. "D4 wannabe".

The alternative to that is "Irish scruffy": facial hair, dreads and hemp clothes.

layke wrote:
    a FEW peircings are sexy (ears, nose, eyebrow, tongue). A lot of peircings is just bordering a fetish.

Bordering on...? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

What? A woman with a face full of metal is sexy!
    the only face full of metal I like is when they have Metallica, Megadeth and Slayer tattoo'd on their forhead

do girls actually like pink shirts on a man?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

whiskeyman wrote:
    Tell me about it!!
    What is it with those desert boots??
    Girls, do you like them?
    I think they look awful!
    I'd never wear a pair in my life.

My god they're hideous. My girlfriend made me try a pair on once. She absolutely loves them. Then I said they were the most hideous shoes ever and she got upset because she has a pair. Stupid women.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Well, I've a pair of the 'Desert Boots', and love them. Comfy as anything, and look sharp. I normally wear at the weekends something like: Converse Trainers, Abercrombie ripped baggy jeans, Ambercrombie White T tucked in, Zip up Orange Hoodie over that zipped half way down, Denim Jacket with the hood of the hoodie over that, 2 days stubble (I keep it trimmed that length), and messy messy hair. Works for me.

What works for my mates is looking like an extra from Beverly Hills 90210, preppy clothes, Tommy this, Ralph Lauren that, dress shoes, jumpers - it's not work you're going to, it's a night out! But to each their own.

These sort of desert boots are OK:

http://www.modrevival.net/ClarksDesertBoot.jpg

I just hate the military style ones.

Doc Martens for the winnars tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

all i wear are Catipillar boots...the alaska model. I have green ones, orange ones , brown ones. Find them very very comfortable and hard wearing

Are these the ones you all hate?

http://www.jamesandjames.com/pictures/caterpillar/catalascub.jpg

http://www.jamesandjames.com/pictures/caterpillar/catldalasgbg.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

ned78 wrote:
    Well, I've a pair of the 'Desert Boots', and love them. Comfy as anything, and look sharp. I normally wear at the weekends something like: Converse Trainers, Abercrombie ripped baggy jeans, Ambercrombie White T tucked in, Zip up Orange Hoodie over that zipped half way down, Denim Jacket with the hood of the hoodie over that, 2 days stubble (I keep it trimmed that length), and messy messy hair. Works for me.

What works for my mates is looking like an extra from Beverly Hills 90210, preppy clothes, Tommy this, Ralph Lauren that, dress shoes, jumpers - it's not work you're going to, it's a night out! But to each their own.

It's kind of funny the way you try to put down your friend 'Tommy this, Ralph Lauren that' but you made sure to mention Abercrombie twice in your post when you could have just said jeans and t-shirt.

had these ones in mind:

http://www.leatherup.com/thumb_img/73002_Caterpillar_Boots_1124995233.jpg

Its more the contrast with tight dark jeans TBH.
    RuggieBear wrote:
    all i wear are Catipillar boots...the alaska model. I have green ones, orange ones , brown ones. Find them very very comfortable and hard wearing

Are these the ones you all hate?

http://www.jamesandjames.com/pictures/caterpillar/catalascub.jpg

http://www.jamesandjames.com/pictures/caterpillar/catldalasgbg.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Busterpuss

Hate these items on Men:

Bad shoes
    Jumpers i.e. with diamonds on them or pringle type
    shirts under jumpers, ben sherman to be exact.
    colouredy shirts with white collars/cuffs
    open shirts with a hairy chest underneath.
    tracksuit bottoms and jerseys of any kind.
    i could go on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

It's kind of funny the way you try to put down your friend 'Tommy this, Ralph Lauren that' but you made sure to mention Abercrombie twice in your post when you could have just said jeans and t-shirt.

Why's it funny? You don't wear Abercrombie obviously. They do non-fashionable clothes that are understated, but still high quality. Ripped jeans and T shirts (As I said) are hardly in the preppy class of Tommy Jumpers and Polo Shirts, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Soccer tops on guys...unless your actually going to a match then not even Brad Pitt could look hot in one
    Jewlerry of any sort.....especially those chunky silver necklaces that boybonds seem to love
    Trousers that are too short for them....big turn off
    Dressing gowns.....They just look gay
    tight white pants...see above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Busterpuss wrote:
    colouredy shirts with white collars/cuffs

Oh yes....worst ever!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Hankyspanky123

Well fitting jeans, simple, well fitting t shirt and cool casual (not anything runnery) shoes do it for me.

Any man that looks like hes spent longer getting ready to go out than me is a big No No. I like a clean relaxed look (without looking in any way crustie), a happy face and a twinkle in their eye :)

I have to lodge an official objection to anyone (male or female) wearing a GAA or Soccer Jersey, INSTANT red card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

My main things are tight pants and jumpers that mummy knitted. It's just a no, and of course diamond(or any type) earrings and chains(gold/silver/suffer style......NO!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

http://www.footsteps.at/images/caterpillar_bikerboot_outlaw-n.jpg - I've those Cat boots, stampy stampy. I was out last night for the first times in ages, where I suppose 'cool' people hang out. I could have counted fifty lads walking in the door with these verticle striped (stripped, sp ?) shirts on. Some of the girls looked like extras from some film about clowns, and me well, I aint got a haircut in 6 months.

I dunno, lets look different by looking the same ? I even saw a guy wearing a berret! A ****ing berret! And he had no onions round his neck, or a bagette or anything, I don't even think he was French. I don't approve of guys wearing hats indoors anyways, I think it's bad manners.. well so I was allways told.. specially when talking to a lady ! And lads drinking Blue WKD? I suppose that's ok if you are snorting it or taking it enema style, but it's a bit lady like really.

I feel like an old man and I'm only 25. It's an awfully sad state of affairs. But ya wouldn't catch me in a berret, unless it was of the green variety, and I was armed with some form of heavy machine gun, even then I might go for the red bandana type look alal Rmabo, 80's style, are the 80's back in ? What goes well with an M50 machine gun these days ? Is it Blue WKD's and shiny shoes ?

Tk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

RuggieBear wrote:
    all i wear are Catipillar boots...the alaska model.
    Don't you find that you get a bit cold in this weather?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

RainyDay wrote:
    Don't you find that you get a bit cold in this weather?

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

dislike, white toursers/ jeans, and light faded jeans,... for some reason they look kinda knackery :confused:

ill be back with more im sure :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 KoopaTroopa

The majority of Irish guys on a night out are clad in:
      A white shirt with some nondescript design, such as a light blue grid that reminds me of an old ironing board cover. Jeans in some shade of blue.

These dudes tend to have a generic, super short haircut.

I'm not strongly opposed to the look, but it's a little unoriginal.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Bah, and I was doing so well until the jeans part.

Back to the clown-uniform I suppose.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I don't like sports jerseys at all really, I think they look horrible and most of the time they're made from horrible feeling material too. How can they wear that against their skin?

The other thing that annoys me is guys wearing clothes that they have clearly grown out of and are just that bit too short on the sleeve or leg. Why? They don't fit, move on, get new clothes that do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

ned78 wrote:
    Why's it funny? You don't wear Abercrombie obviously. They do non-fashionable clothes that are understated, but still high quality. Ripped jeans and T shirts (As I said) are hardly in the preppy class of Tommy Jumpers and Polo Shirts, etc.

Yeah they are fashionably understated? I presume you have been in an Avercrombie store in the states yeah? I personally would class them in the exact same bracket as Tommy and Ralph Lauren to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Judging by this thread I'm an awesome dresser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Judging by this thread you wouldn't like my metal-filled face.

(Metal filled face. A particularly attractive phrase.)

I don't like men who wear STUPIDITY on their sleeves; am partial to cords.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Sangre wrote:
    Judging by this thread I'm an awesome dresser.

As in you can dress yourself without any help from your mammy?? Well done she must be so proud:D

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I hate guy's going out at the weekend in football top's, TBH I don't mind it at other times, they casual and comfy so whats the problem, but if you are in a pub there's no harm making a bit of effort.
    The other fashion disaster I really hate on guys is (maybe slightly off topic) wearing your teams full kit in the gym, nothing wrong with t-shirt and shorts, but the knee lenght sock's and astro-turg runners :eek:

Generally I don't mind what people look like once it's not offence, looks well and they are clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Anton17

This is just about the only country in the world where people wearing timberland or cat boots would get near a club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

you've clearly never partied in da hood...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Men wearing fake tan.

Sandals with socks. Uggh.

Metrosexual dudes wearing skinny jeans.

Dungarees.

Tapered trousers.

Padded shirts.

Keys hanging off belt loops.

Bleached hair.

Jeans that are so baggy, they're falling off to expose grotty boxers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

ned78 wrote:

It's funny because you obviously felt the need to mention the brand name as if it's going to wow everybody. Abercrombie? Wow! He must be stylish.

I think it's funny how obsessed with brand names some people can get. Instead of asking people to check out their new jeans they'd make sure to say 'Check out my X brand jeans'. It's very important for these people to let everyone know they're wearing a certain brand. Hence Abercrombie and the like splashing their name right across the front of a lot of their clothes.

Frankly I find it funny.

What I find funny is that often big brand names are usually piss poor quality. I'm wearing a pair of €8 Dunnes jeans right now that I've had for nearly a year, but more expensive jeans or cords have fallen apart in a matter of 2 or 3 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Altheus

Cheapest baggie jeans I can find €15 - check
    Dunnes stores single colour t-shirt €4 - check
    Penneys grey hoodie €8 - check
    Cheap comfortable runners €15 - check
    Penney's boxers and socks €5 - check
    2 all over with home razor €0 - check

Amount of thought and effort = next to nil
    Amount of comfort = close to 100%
    Amount of consideration on what others care = nada

Occasionally I throw on a €10 from the Harlequin or Eager Beaver to spice it up.

I could I suppose put some effort in:

Road/Tommy Jeans €80
    FCUK t-shirt with silvery bits €55
    Bathing Ape hoodie €155
    Nike limited edition airforce ones €200
    Tommy hilfiger wonderpouch padded boxers €25
    Peter marks, style dry, highlights and conditioning €70

I'm pretty sure I'd look edgy, and be more attractive. However, I'd have also spent about €500 more and the amount of money I'd spent would probably result in malnutrition and inevitably my physical appearance would deteriorate as a result. My self confidence would be shattered, and I couldnt afford to go out. Then as result of my inability to buy any more clothes my expensive outfit would get worn and tattered. I would be shunned from the social extravaganza of Dublin and eventually work would start to ask questions about the odour following me around. Then, in a spat with my manager concerning my obvious superior appearance, I'd lose my job. The highlights would go on to cause an allergic reaction causing patches of my hair to fall out, and some kids would nick my runners when I get mugged on my walk home because I didnt have enough money for the bus. If only I'd waited till the January sales. I know they'd be old season stock, but at least I'd have a roof over my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Shellie13

one thing i HATE on guys is those tshirts which have really childish sexual innuendos on them...i dont mind the ones which are a bit offbeat n give yoiu a laugh or watever but you no the typical run of the mill "blow me babe!" ones...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

My god they're hideous. My girlfriend made me try a pair on once. She absolutely loves them. Then I said they were the most hideous shoes ever and she got upset because she has a pair. Stupid women.

Cat boots come in different colours now, they are much nicer. I have a pair of blue and grey ones, they're really comfortable and they are different enough looking to stand out without wearing clown shoes.

Advertisement