Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Athlone Town Vs Galway United 20 October 2006, History in the making!

• 13-10-2006 12:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

"TG4 will make history on Saturday October 28th when they will screen the first-ever live broadcast of a First Division fixture since the advent of the two-tier league in the 1985/86 season.

Athlone Town take on Galway United at Dubarry Park with a 7.30pm kick-off and the TG4 cameras will be there – as they were for Athlone Town’s FAI Carlsberg Cup quarter-final against Shamrock Rovers last month."

Good to see that part of the National Media are starting to realise that there is eircom league football outside the pale!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Fair play to TG4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Jaysis, im gonna have to make sure i get out there again and get my ugly mug in all the camera shots again! i was on the tv everytime the camera panned to the town crowd, was horrible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Seaneh wrote:
    Good to see that part of the National Media are starting to realise that there is eircom league football outside the pale!

Could have sworn Athlone was in The Pale?

Good to see that they are taking an interest in the 1st division, but my only fear is that many say the eL in general is not ready for live televised games. Showing this could turn more people away than it might attract. Hope my cynicism is unfounded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Scoring a hatrcik on tv well done Gethins

4-0 atm

live on tg4 and www.tg4.tv

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

5-0 to United, excellent stuff. :)
    at least we keep a little pressure on Rovers and Dundalk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Some classy finishing from Gethins. Interesting to see if he stays with Galway or goes back up to Harps.

Great to see EL 1st division on TV. I was switching between The Milan Derby, The Bastard Game, and the Athlone match.

Tony Cousins swerved the question about the relegation/promotion like Diego Maradona. He values his cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Tony Cousins swerved the question about the relegation/promotion like Diego Maradona. He values his cash.

lol, :p

Poor old Scully!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

i'm so glad i decided to miss that game....dont think i could have hacked watching us lose so badly! lol :D

Advertisement