Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal by numbers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Out Of Order

LMFAO, thats the funniest thing I've seen in ages :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Lol, very good. Alot of it it true...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭gokgok

That was gik. Thats the Metal equivalent of Twink doing her crap salt of the earth Dub-a-lin accent on the late late show.

Scott ian will do anything at this stage to get exposure, the whore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

I think it's hilarious. And so true, not necessarily of metal though, seems to be more resonant of emo imho..............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

I think it's hilarious. And so true, not necessarily of metal though, seems to be more resonant of emo imho..............

Nothing at all like emo. It's a metal, mainly metalcore parody.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

OMG! and I thought the 'metal' video Karl posted the other day was good...this is the best metal song ever :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

90% of metal is metal by numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

brilliant, not as good as the new deftones album though so im back to listening to that on repeat now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Undergod wrote:
    Nothing at all like emo. It's a metal, mainly metalcore parody.

Stuff like 'Bullet for my Valentine' I meant, or at least that one song........*tangentifies*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

No it's definitely postcore avantmetalmo

• Advertisement

I was talking about this with some guys the other day, strictly speaking they're post-reductionist avantmetalmo, with influences from the Schulver school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Undergod wrote:
    I was talking about this with some guys the other day, strictly speaking they're post-reductionist avantmetalmo, with influences from the Schulver school.

butbut. . . there's no "core" in that . . .

Undergod wrote:

Rofflecoptor. Give this guy an Aero!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Jesus, all this talk of silly genres is getting boring as ****... Besides, Redundantcore for teh win.

Jesus, all this talk of silly genres is getting boring as ****... Besides, Redundantcore for teh win.

How can you get bored of post-reductionist avant-post-modernist pre-Gaussian constructivist para-nihilist sub-autocunnilingus homo-habillis peri-ventricular meta-dada purple monkey dishwasher chocobetathelemapopcrustcorepowavantmetalmo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

John wrote:
    How can you get bored of post-reductionist avant-post-modernist pre-Gaussian constructivist para-nihilist sub-autocunnilingus homo-habillis peri-ventricular meta-dada purple monkey dishwasher chocobetathelemapopcrustcorepowavantmetalmo?

Because it just seems like who can come up with the longest genre title.

And you're jealous that you can't? :p

John wrote:
    Rofflecoptor. Give this guy an Aero!

Thank you! Your 'Meta-dada' was a nice touch I feel.

I read The Wire, it helps when coming up with genre nonsense.

Advertisement