Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The amount of personal hygene products I use seems to be growing steadily.

• 13-10-2006 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

At the risk of sounding a bit of a girly man, I'm liking the results. :)

Just got myself a new Nivea for men facial wash thingy the other day, which I think has made an improvement, because my face is feeling very clean right now, but it just kinda dawned on me how many different products I'm actually using!

So I've got my shower gel, I also had some body scrub thingy that I used aswell but haven't gotten any more since I ran out, then there's the facial wash, shampoo and conditioner, then after shaving I'll use an Arber aftershave balm. Now that doesn't even go into the more vanity items I'd use, such as deoderants, cologne, hair gel and whatnot...

There is an idea of a Karl Hungus; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

My wife did persuade me to try facial moisturizer and after a lot of protest, I gave it a go and I'm liking it. What else have I been missing..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

BTW Isn't this just an overtly metaphysical way of saying I'm a big girl? :D
    There is an idea of a Karl Hungus; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Shower Gel from the Body shop (mmm fruity) which does my hair and body (short hair though). Shaving cream, After shave balm, and deoderant. That's all I use really.. The after shave balm moisturises nicely. Don't see the need for owt else..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

stovelid wrote:
    BTW Isn't this just an overtly metaphysical way of saying I'm a big girl? :D

No. But I'm going to wait and see if anyone else gets the reference before explaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Adeptus Titanicus

American Psycho... :)

• Advertisement

American Psycho... :)

Bingo! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

So Mr. Bateman, how does this new skin care regime work for you? No offence but from pictures I've seen of you in the past you looked like you fit the "smelly rocker" stereotype. Have you changed your image since? Started wearing sweater vests and tweed trousers yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

At the risk of sounding a bit of a girly man, I'm liking the results. :)

Just got myself a new Nivea for men facial wash thingy the other day, which I think has made an improvement, because my face is feeling very clean right now, but it just kinda dawned on me how many different products I'm actually using!

So I've got my shower gel, I also had some body scrub thingy that I used aswell but haven't gotten any more since I ran out, then there's the facial wash, shampoo and conditioner, then after shaving I'll use an Arber aftershave balm. Now that doesn't even go into the more vanity items I'd use, such as deoderants, cologne, hair gel and whatnot...

Get a haircut and you might just be mistaken for a functioning member of society.

FX Meister wrote:
    So Mr. Bateman, how does this new skin care regime work for you? No offence but from pictures I've seen of you in the past you looked like you fit the "smelly rocker" stereotype. Have you changed your image since? Started wearing sweater vests and tweed trousers yet?

How can you tell whether I'm smelly or not from a picture? :confused:

Anyway, there's really no image change at all. It's still pretty consistantly boots, jeans and band t-shirts in every day wear, but I've always had a nice selection of shirts for the odd occaission that I don't want to look so casual.

But anyway, I'm finding that my face seems softer and a bit clearer so far. Results tbh. ;)
    Sangre wrote:
    Get a haircut and you might just be mistaken for a functioning member of society.

NEVEERRRR!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Caught this thread late on. You realise there's no point in using grooming products without investing in a full-length mirror and a Huey Lewis and the News album, don't you? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

And a rainjacket?

Way ahead of you guys, I'm already on Phil Collins and nail guns. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

How can you tell whether I'm smelly or not from a picture? :confused:
    I said you looked like the smelly rocker type, didn't say you actually smelled. You know the types, hangs out in fibbers 4 nights a week and wears the same clothes everyday. I'll stop now.

FX Meister wrote:
    I said you looked like the smelly rocker type, didn't say you actually smelled. You know the types, hangs out in fibbers 4 nights a week and wears the same clothes everyday. I'll stop now.

Fibbers? How dare you! I'll have you know that I'm a Bruxelles man! :mad:

That's it, you're getting an axe in the face!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

I don't use or know about half the things that are in the
    bathroom. But I do have alot of products, but most of them
    are for my hair. Like gel, moose and so on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Fibbers? How dare you! I'll have you know that I'm a Bruxelles man! :mad:
    So you're more the mature arty type rocker:D

Back on topic though, I gradually built up a fairly big stash of grooming products over the years, in the end a lot of it got binned cos I just wasn't using it.

I still use a fair amount, but I know exactly what I like so I don't buy other brands on a whim.

gillo wrote:
    So you're more the mature arty type rocker:D

Indeed. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭theTinker

Last week i turned into a girl.....well most bits....ok just my bathroom gear.

I usually used whatever my mam bought for the household to wash my face. Dove etc, then she moved on to clean and clear.

Last week however my bath room collection shot way up.
    I bought St Ives apricot scrub(by recommendation of boardsies)
    I bought moisturiser because my face was get dry after washing.
    I bought toner because the moisturiser bottle told me to.
    I bought vaseline for after i brush my teeth to stop my lips from drying.
    I bought cotton thingies for putting the toner on.
    I bough mouthwash because i cant brush my throat + back tongue.
    I also bought a bag to put it on it.

I'm expecting my first monthly cycle any day now....

Should i use toner + moisturer before my bed time wash? it does say...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

No. But I'm going to wait and see if anyone else gets the reference before explaining.
    You're in charge of a hedge fund these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm such a lazy cnut that I've been using shower gel as shampoo the last few days cos I'm not arsed getting more unless its thrown in my face.

Other then that, deodrant and moisturiser is all I have in my arsenal of beauty....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i think its a little disingenuous to say all the products you mention are 'hygene' related. soap, tooth paste and possibly shampoo are hygene products, everything else is just grooming.

Advertisement