Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SmsBug,Anyone using it?

• 13-10-2006 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭

Just wondering do u use this via a wap site on your fone or does it work like sending a normal text i.e,write msg and send.

How many credits per txt?

www.smsbug.eu

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

power2614 wrote:
    Just wondering do u use this via a wap site on your fone or does it work like sending a normal text i.e,write msg and send.

How many credits per txt?

www.smsbug.eu

You're sending via wap/grps/edge etc.. It's a small java application that you put in the phone. The recipient can be any mobile phone though, no need for the other part to have the smsbug software installed. The texts come out at €.03 per message, compared to mobisms.com at €.028 and they're doing the same thing. Have a look there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭power2614

So are u charged for the wap/gprs?

power2614 wrote:
    So are u charged for the wap/gprs?
    Yeah you pay for the data traffic same as with AFT etc.. I'm on a data bundle so I don't know exactly how much one smsbug text would cost on prepay but guess 1-2c. Maybe even same as AFT on o2 that you only pay 1c for gprs every 4th text.

Did you try smsbug? Any comments? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

flodis79 wrote:
    Yeah you pay for the data traffic same as with AFT etc.. I'm on a data bundle so I don't know exactly how much one smsbug text would cost on prepay but guess 1-2c. Maybe even same as AFT on o2 that you only pay 1c for gprs every 4th text.

But presumably, you pay for the data traffic PLUS a fixed cost per text (which goes to the smsbug creators). Just to be clear, with AFT you only pay for the data traffic (there is no extra cost, nothing goes to the creators of AFT).
    Also with smsbug, does the message that you send appear to the recipient that it has come from your number?

• Advertisement

dal wrote:
    But presumably, you pay for the data traffic PLUS a fixed cost per text (which goes to the smsbug creators). Just to be clear, with AFT you only pay for the data traffic (there is no extra cost, nothing goes to the creators of AFT).
    Also with smsbug, does the message that you send appear to the recipient that it has come from your number?

Yeah it costs gprs cost plus 3c per message. Yeah, your own number shows up as originator number :) AFT still better :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

flodis79 wrote:
    Yeah it costs gprs cost plus 3c per message. Yeah, your own number shows up as originator number :) AFT still better :)

Actually thats better than I thought, its very useful that it shows as coming from your number.

Advertisement