Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SF: Dublin manager should explain Shell deal - Why??

Options
  • 13-10-2006 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.breakingnews.ie/2006/10/13/story280850.html
    First protesters picket Shell petrol stations, and now this from the Shinners.
    Why does everyone keep thinking Irish Shell is linked to whats going on over the Corrib?
    Irish Shell (the oil and distribution part) was sold to an Irish consortium (Topaz) and has now nothing to do with Shell E&P who are over the Corrib pipeline. Fair enough, Topaz are still trading under the brand, and I think they may well think twice about it now.
    http://www.shell.com/home/Framework?siteId=ie-en&FC2=/ie-en/html/iwgen/about_shell/zzz_lhn.html&FC3=/ie-en/html/iwgen/about_shell/sepil_about_shell_ireland.html

SF: Dublin manager should explain Shell deal
    13/10/2006 - 14:17:51

Sinn Féin's environment spokesperson for Dublin South East, Daithí Doolan has called on the Dublin city manager to explain the alleged fuel deal that Dublin City Council has with Shell Oil.

Speaking today from City Hall Cllr. Doolan said: "If true, it is unacceptable that any such deal exists.

"Last year Dublin City Council passed a motion expressing their support for the Rossport Five and against Shell's actions in Mayo.

"In light of this motion and the increasingly distressing scenes of Shells bully boy tactics in Mayo, I find it disturbing that allegations of a fuel deal between the Council and Shell have emerged.

"The situation must be clarified immediately. Dublin City Council is the largest local authority on the island and any such deal will unfortunately be seen as an endorsement of Shells shameful behaviour in Ireland."

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I hear they're also asking children to explain why they're collecting colourful shells on the beach in light of the going's on in Mayo... and I support them in this.
    I'd go so far to say that all shells should be banned under law from this island.

Anyone up for a picket outside Shelbourne FC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Rock Climber

Ha Ha Flogen

You've just about summed up another of SF's silly policies.
    Doolan should have done a bit of research before he jumped the gun on that one.

SF do research before they espouse an idea,I hear you say? Theres 2 chances of that none and zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Irish Shell (the oil and distribution part) was sold to an Irish consortium (Topaz) and has now nothing to do with Shell E&P who are over the Corrib pipeline. Fair enough, Topaz are still trading under the brand, and I think they may well think twice about it now.
    Where do Topaz get their stocks from?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Ultimately probably those twunts who bombed us on 9/11 in Iraq!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ibid wrote:
    Huh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,830 ✭✭✭SeanW

my thoughts exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

well this one is stretch, but council vehilcles can only use shell garages, while now retailed by topaz still pump shell oil. you think you'd research your sneering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 hydra_

Ibid wrote:
    For a start the official story of 911 is bs, but lets consider for a moment the official story is what happened. Not 1 hijacker was from iraq, nor did saddam have anything to do with 911, so what are you on about :confused:

As for the original topic, who are topaz getting the energy from & who dicatates the price? Shell.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Shell do still supply Topaz so I suppose Topaz are just an innocent party in all this. I think they may change the names of their stations now that they have bought out statoil's stations also.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

irish1 wrote:
    Shell do still supply Topaz so I suppose Topaz are just an innocent party in all this. I think they may change the names of their stations now that they have bought out statoil's stations also.

Not sure about that; I think part of the agreement with the Shell buyout was to keep the brand name, and frankly even with all this bad press the Shell name is probably a stronger one that Statoil.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭ISAW

flogen wrote:
    Not sure about that; I think part of the agreement with the Shell buyout was to keep the brand name, and frankly even with all this bad press the Shell name is probably a stronger one that Statoil.

Shades of Erin Brokowitch???

You can get the loval company but the law suit doesnt really strick the money till the big mother company is hit.

Advertisement