Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where did Toymaster's go?

Options
  • 13-10-2006 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

The one near the Opera house, it was on Merchant's Quay I believe, it's gone. Did it move or close down?

There only seems to be the one toyshop in cork which is annoying if they don't have what you're looking for.

Does anyone know where there's a second decently sized toyshop likely to stock collectors figures(Marvel Legends, Transformers Alternators, etc.).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Did you try that world of wonder place by the kinsale road roundabout?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

No; do you happen to know what number bus I take to get out there?

Afraid not. I gave up on buses a long time ago.

Can't blame you they're horrid!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I think it was Lavitts Quay. Its closed AFAIK, I was there a few months back and the building was empty but the sign was still up. I don't know if its moved elswhere.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Rozie, have you tried Other Realms in the Paul Street Shopping Centre? They might have what you're looking for and could probably order it quite easily for you if not...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

i was all set to go in there last week , had a voucher and all...and there is was in all its glory....closed...
    dunno why though..
    afaik they didnt have much in there anyway..

they've been closed for ages havent they?

Fysh wrote:
    Rozie, have you tried Other Realms in the Paul Street Shopping Centre? They might have what you're looking for and could probably order it quite easily for you if not...

Other realms always seem to charge double for everything :/ Their comics are decently priced - compared to Forbidden Planet or other rip off merchants, but the figures are still pretty pricey.

Though they do have some cool stuff there on occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

There is now a Smyths at Kinsale Rd Roundabout. I assume that they bought the World of Wonder place or else there is two toy warehouses in the middle of no where.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

D-Generate wrote:
    There is now a Smyths at Kinsale Rd Roundabout. I assume that they bought the World of Wonder place or else there is two toy warehouses in the middle of no where.

World of Wonder has long since gone from the Kinsale site - as soon as Smyths got planning, WoW shut down.

I'm not sure if Smyths are open yet, but its a huge purpose built warehouse which I for one welcome. To be able to get the kids stuff without the hassle of parking in town is a great idea ! - especially with Christmas coming.

When did all that happen? First I've heard of it...

WoW shut down about 3 months ago, literally two weeks after the planning was finalised for Smyths......

I don't think the new Smyths store is open yet, but bound to be for Christmas - looks like two floows (prob the same as town) - the warehouse looks massive from the road - its the new beige type one that you can see near the wonky chimney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭johncm

toymaster closed because the man that owned it retired and had no kids to take it over. As far as i know there isnt a bus that goes out to murphys in the north point business park but you can get a bus out to commins inn and walk for about five mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Hey, I passed the new Smyths superstore on my way back from a job interview, anyone know how to get out there by bus?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

read the message above your q ;)

When you say "ask to get out there" are you sure he'll stop? And where exactly do I get out? I passed Smyths from a bit of a distance...

Also; is the airport bus one of the big ones around the back, or one of the small ones around the front?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Leaves from bay 10 at the bus station every hour-ish.

Jebus woman - how more specific can he be? :p

• Advertisement

Are there any (toyshops) around Wilton?

Are there any small non-brand Toyshops around that are likely to have stuff still unsould from the last couple of years..?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I was in Smyths at the Kinsale Road roundabout before christmas, I won't be going there again. Rubbish compared to their store in the city; no atmosphere (a toy shop should have a certain atmos) and bizarre use of space.

adam

dahamsta wrote:
    I was in Smyths at the Kinsale Road roundabout before christmas, I won't be going there again. Rubbish compared to their store in the city; no atmosphere (a toy shop should have a certain atmos) and bizarre use of space.

adam

Ahh Adam......reminds me a bit of the Barry's Tea Ad. ! - Wasn't Santa the clever fella :)

There's a toy shop way back at home on the east coast of England that has a hornby railway running round in the middle of the shop...you'd go there just for a peek...

Seriously though, as a dad of three kids - Smyths in town is a balls when santa (sorry just in case there are any young fellas here) has to stock up for my three kids....trying to carry the stuff to his 'sleigh' in Merchants Quay was hard work...

At least the Kinsale store has parking....give a Santa a break LOL :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Andip wrote:
    Ahh Adam......reminds me a bit of the Barry's Tea Ad. ! - Wasn't Santa the clever fella :)
    Eh?

dahamsta wrote:

adam

Yeah it wasn't great I agree :( It was too hard to move around completely pakced(this was before Christmas).

Advertisement