Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fridays in UCDD

Options
  • 13-10-2006 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

What is there to do in UCD on a Friday? On Monday I will have Council, tuesday ELS, wednesday, some film in a theatre, thursday some other film, but Friday............what? Why is there nothing in UCD on a Friday? I know that, "country" folk go back down to their respective hov....homes, but surely there must be something on, what with the numerous societies in UCDD?
    What do you all do in UCD on a Friday? Is there some magical, fun loving, friday-holding-event society that I have missed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

most of us have to run on a friday to get to our weekend jobs which last untill Sunday night in order to pay for Mon - Thur in UCD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

If you're really stuck for something to do, I think I could *just* bear to give up the pleasure of writing my history essays and allow you to do one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Vainglory wrote:
    If you're really stuck for something to do, I think I could *just* bear to give up the pleasure of writing my history essays and allow you to do one.
    On WW1? No thank you. That was like the crap filler band that they stick on before the main act. WW2 was the interesting one. Probably because the two main singers, William and Adolf, had such delightful counterpoint.

It's actually, strangely, about witchcraft in Salem in the 17th Century.

...Yeah, I have no idea either.

Vainglory wrote:
    It's actually, strangely, about witchcraft in Salem in the 17th Century.

...Yeah, I have no idea either.
    Fill one page with writing, and put three other sheets under it. Set them on fire and hand them to the lecturer. Tell them you thought it was a practical, and start to empty your pockets, pulling out lighters, kindling, oil...etc. Tell them that you have tricked the auditor of Pagan soc to come to the lecture. You will get an 1:1 (or an A).

• Advertisement

Fill one page with writing, and put three other sheets under it. Set them on fire and hand them to the lecturer. Tell them you thought it was a practical, and start to empty your pockets, pulling out lighters, kindling, oil...etc. Tell them that you have tricked the auditor of Pagan soc to come to the lecture. You will get an 1:1 (or an A).

This is why you should be doing my essay for me.

Incidentally though, Fridays are indeed crap. They also go on much longer than they used to when I was in first and second year. I never used to have lectures after 1 on a Friday, now I finish at 3. A friend doesn't finish till 5. What the hell is up with that?

Vainglory wrote:
    Incidentally though, Fridays are indeed crap. They also go on much longer than they used to when I was in first and second year. I never used to have lectures after 1 on a Friday, now I finish at 3. A friend doesn't finish till 5. What the hell is up with that?
    UCD has become more Dublin orientated (hence the extra 'd'), so, to stop culchies from joining they have made it impossible for them to return home on the weekend, as all the buses leave earlier. This way, they can "cleanse" UCD, without actually killing anyone. Any country folk who choose to stay in Dublin will become, Dublinified.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

UCD has become more Dublin orientated (hence the extra 'd'), so, to stop culchies from joining they have made it impossible for them to return home on the weekend, as all the buses leave earlier. This way, they can "cleanse" UCD, without actually killing anyone. Any country folk who choose to stay in Dublin will become, Dublinified.

Many of them will starve if not able to get "home cooking" and bring emergency rations back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Kill me now...

gubbie wrote:
    Kill me now...
    That depends, where are you posting from....

• Advertisement

Dublin... down the road from you actually!

gubbie wrote:
    Dublin... down the road from you actually!
    Then all you need are a pair of Buffalo's and a playboy tee-shirt......:D

EDITHelp, what do stereotypes of Dublin girls wear

I'd rather walk around in a bin bag with "Smell me-Its as bad as I look"

gubbie wrote:
    I'd rather walk around in a bin bag with "Smell me-Its as bad as I look"
    LOL

btw: I'm going to be in the ol' porterhouse this evening with some non-boardsie ucdians, for ocktoberfest, so if any of you want to pop along it would be cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Well, as Grimes said, some of us work fridays.

As for the Dublinification of the "culchies", until you fail to understand "Give it holly" you won't have anything to worry about.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

:D

Think the rifle club meets on Fridays, if you are that way inclined. SU Bar is quite empty and the squash courts are generally free. Seagull bowling is a good way to waste an hour with some friends, go searching for the mystery locations of UCD, get a sixpack of eggs, go on top of the Daedalus building and go hunting for the kiddie-winkles in their school uniforms, go around the back of O' Reilly Hall and steal food from the kitchens when there are functions on, walk around with a camera in hand, DO SOME WORK IN THE LIBRARY, put up posters for the ELS or somesuch, Plenty to do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

In the library now and its a dead as a very dead dodo. I love UCD on Fridays.Nice and quite with no one around. Optimum time to use the computers and get a bit of study done.
    Saying that I usually leave on a Friday and get the 7.15 straight back to Limerick where home cooking,clean clothes and tLc are the order of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Well on Fridays I coach one of the UCD hockey teams if u wanna come:D

dajaffa wrote:
    Well on Fridays I coach one of the UCD hockey teams if u wanna come:D

Ill cum no problem especially to your Hockey Training :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Grimes wrote:
    Ill cum no problem especially to your Hockey Training :p

Hmm a double meaning if I ever saw one.

Ill tell you what me and Chakar do on a Friday night.

Its Friday night fingercuffs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I go into town and go to the cinema most fridays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

jimi_t wrote:
    :D
    Think the rifle club meets on Fridays.
    I think they are Monday to Wednesday only.

It's true, very little happening on Friday around campus.
    Good catch-up day if you ask me. Finally a few spare hours after a busy week.

Personally, the gym or the climbing are my favourites for a fri afternoon/evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

The last two Friday mornings and afternoons I've had have been consumed by those Politics essays.And I'm going to get an another politics essay on Tuesday but I should have it done before the day of the deadline.

Nights are still free for whatever but I usually go drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

italian soc have a coffee morning

What really bothers me is how the days are unbalenced. This monday there is:
    1) SU council
    2) Dutch soc are showing Anchorman
    3) History Soc have a cool lecture
    4) World Aid have an 8's quiz.

I'd like to see all of these.:(

EDIT: 5) Private Q&A with Michael McDowell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Thats what happened to me two weeks ago:
    3 wine receptions in trin trin
    a cheile
    tommy tiernan
    2 receptions in UCD
    and a boards beers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

What is there to do in UCD on a Friday? On Monday I will have Council, tuesday ELS, wednesday, some film in a theatre, thursday some other film, but Friday............what? Why is there nothing in UCD on a Friday?
    Friday is for soccer. Against Shels this week, 7:45. Let me know if you're coming and I'll bring some extra homebrew.

• Advertisement
Advertisement