Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downsizing house after receiving planning permission

Options
  • 13-10-2006 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

I have just received planning permission for a bungalow house circa 2500 sq ft. My problem is that one of the rooms is absolutely huge and I would like to reduce it in size a bit as it will be a complete waste of space, there was a bit of a miscalculation on the size of the room I wanted by the architect. Basically I was wondering can a house be downsized after getting planning permission or does it have to be reapplied for??

Comments

The planners are not interested in the internal layout...

Only if you change the external appearance (to the front I believe) will you need to reapply.

Can you rearrange the rooms or add another one? extra toilet, storeroom, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

As long as the change is not a substantial alteration to the house then your best bet is build as you want it and when complete, seek retention of the changes.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

rebellad wrote:
    I have just received planning permission for a bungalow house circa 2500 sq ft. My problem is that one of the rooms is absolutely huge and I would like to reduce it in size a bit as it will be a complete waste of space, there was a bit of a miscalculation on the size of the room I wanted by the architect. Basically I was wondering can a house be downsized after getting planning permission or does it have to be reapplied for??

By downsize, I assume you mean a change in the overall area of the house and not just the room in question. You don't have to re-apply for full planning permission. Get a revised drawing and apply for a minor amendment. You won't have to put a notice in the newspaper or on site. The Council's fee will be €63.

Advertisement