Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy chopsticks in dublin?

• 13-10-2006 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭

Any idea where to buy a batch of wooden chopsticks (IE, that need to be broken), or where to buy a good set of re-useables? Any idea on price (mainly for the one use sticks) would be great too.

Dublin city.

Thanking you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

you get them real cheap in the oriental market at the back of the georges street arcade. a couple of euro for 10 if i recall correctly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I bought some nice reusables in Aya, can't remember how much they cost but I think they were only around the 3.50 mark.
    You can also buy some nice sets with rests for about 7 euro at the sushi stand in temple bar.
    I'd advise not going for the one way sticks, they're causing a lot of problems with deforestation, but obviously it's your call :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Blub2k4 wrote:
    I'd advise not going for the one way sticks, they're causing a lot of problems with deforestation, but obviously it's your call :D

Yeah, I am aware of this, but it was not for continuous use, just a once off and reusables for myself. Cheers both of you, that should be plenty of info.

Actually, where is the Sushi Stand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Actually, where is the Sushi Stand?

The Sushi stand is the small stand in the far corner beside Hicks sausages and the Hare Krishnas.
    They sell Miso soup, sushi and chowder.

<edit> sorry I forgot to mention that it's in the Temple Bar market in Meeting House Square on a Saturday. I think they're connected to a shop somewhere, not sure where though. If anyone is going I recommend trying the steamed dumplings that they do. They're only available from the market stall, not in any shops.

Advertisement