Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Broadband Settings

Options
  • 13-10-2006 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Im doing a clean re-install and was wondering if you can import my BT Broadband settings or something beforehand because i lost the disk. If not how do i configure the settings after i do a clean install. I have the disk for the wireless adapter but not the BT broadband disk. Its a Zyxel 600 Series boradband router btw...

Any Help Appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

dvdfan wrote:
    Im doing a clean re-install and was wondering if you can import my BT Broadband settings or something beforehand because i lost the disk. If not how do i configure the settings after i do a clean install. I have the disk for the wireless adapter but not the BT broadband disk. Its a Zyxel 600 Series boradband router btw...
    You don't need any settings on your computer. All the settings for logging into your DSL should be saved in the router itself, not on your computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

router username and pass is admin and 1234 unless u changed it

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭sportbilly

Where do I find these router settings on my PC?

I'm in the same predicament. I'm changing from imagine to BT. Going to continue using imagines router until they come asking for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

sportbilly wrote:
    Where do I find these router settings on my PC?

I'm in the same predicament. I'm changing from imagine to BT. Going to continue using imagines router until they come asking for it.
    The router settings are not stored on your PC. They're stored in the router itself. You can access the router through your web browser by typing the routers IP address into the address bar. The router IP address depends on the router model.

BTW, Imagine won't come looking for the router. They'll just bill you for it if it's not returned within their specified time.

type in 192.168.1.1 in your browsers address bar and then do the wizzard set up.

Have your BT log on details - username and password ready as you will need to type these in and save them if you are doing a full reset.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭sportbilly

that was the IP address I found on my pc so at least I know I'm going in the right direction!

but when i type in 192.168.1.1 i get a message saying protected object

Advertisement