Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raingear Recommendations

• 13-10-2006 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭

Anyone got any good experiences with raingear?

About to turn 40 and was wondering whether to treat myself to a set of Galvin Green, or is their reputation all just marketing?

Anyone who plays in a €9.99 Penneys rainjacket that keeps them perfectly dry and warm can just post a smug emoticon, and assume we get the message.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Trampas

Sunderland of Scotland (President range) I have and keeps you dry in any down pour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

I feel the most important thing is too make sure that the gear is breathable so that your not sweating like a pig underneath and need to change your clothes anyway afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Hardly any rain gear will keep you totally dry in very wet conditions.

Pro quip and Sunderland are two good suppliers.

Remember rain gear takes a lot of care and if you(like me) just roll in it up in a sodden ball and stuff it in the golf bag,to be forgotton till the next shower,it won't last very long.

Even with good care the best rain gear loses it after 2-3 years anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

I use a Berghaus Goretex Jacket myself, Its great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

sofireland wrote:
    I use a Berghaus Goretex Jacket myself, Its great!

They are great jackets but very very expensive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Came in handy a few times on the mountains in wicklow.
    Worth every penny imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I bought a Kartel Golfers wet suit about 2 years ago, excellent quality and has removable sleeves too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭johnny_rambo

You can't go wrong with galvin green.
    Its quality wet gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

I use Proquip: no prob playing links golf in West of Ireland in all weather.

They also come with a lifelong guarantee (at least they used to). I replaced a jacket that was about 3 years old: no questions asked, just pick out the same one and away you go.

Advertisement