Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What gig do you wish you were at?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

Oral Slang wrote:
    It was a midnight gig, so RATM came on at about 1 or something & played about 50 minutes as they only had one album out at the time! The mosh was mental, but but tbh wasn't worth the effort of such a late hour for such a short set.

Grrrr, you make me mad.. "not worth the efort!!!!!! are ya ****in' jokin me? I wish I was there. or at any of their gigs :(

lol, Timmy C told me he still remembers that gig and how he nearly took the head of himself on the way offstage cos the door was so low

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

To be honest I probably read that in the Sunday world ( or HOTPRESS) so maybe its not quite true,
    although I always believed it at the time .
    Especially having overheard some girls admiring a SLAYER album cover & commenting on how Kerry King was "a ride"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Grrrr, you make me mad.. "not worth the efort!!!!!! are ya ****in' jokin me? I wish I was there. or at any of their gigs :(

It was good & all, just so late.. I was still in school & had to fork out for a taxi home, not good when you live miles away & still relying on money from the parents.. I enjoyed them more at Feile tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Sonic Youth+Nirvana in Ireland 1991.

GNR at the Ritz in 1988.

Any Meat Puppets gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

The Beatles at Shea Stadium perhaps?
    Primus at Woodstock 1994?
    That Feile with Cypress Hill, Blur and RATM?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Depeche Mode ( 101 ) - june 18'th 1988 Rose Bowl Pasadena.

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

Kingsize wrote:
    Wasn't that RATM gig in the tivoli where loads of adoring female fans threw
    their knickers at Zach?

Yeah could have been. Dunno - I was too drunk to remember, but not drunk enough to not catch the drum stick when Brad Wilk threw it into the crowd at the end of the show. Think I still have it at home somewhere under the cobwebs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Saw them in McGonagles. Jesus Christ they were loud.

Any Fugazi. Lightning Bolt in Whelans. The Boredoms show where Eye bulldozed the club. The Stooges last show. The Sex Pistols in 1976. Any Half Man Half Biscuit. Loads more.

My Bloody Valentine McGonagles gig 1990:
    Glider EP was about to come out. Sound problems messed it for sure but I thought they overcame them ok.

SFX gig was better despite me being of the opinion that Isn't Anything is a far superior record. The extended You Made Me Realise lost its appeal after the first ten minutes but I stuck around thanks to the earplugs.

would love to see Half Man Half Biscuit. Have a feeling they played TCD in 1986 - can anyone confirm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 chuckberry

Nightwish wrote:
    Slane when Queen played. Any Queen gig actually.

Slane was piss poor and fighting broke out amongst scumbags as they failed to hold the audience, honest but sad, they had an off day.

They sere stunning at another gig in Simmonscourt with Freddie being at his campest best!

I don't think I ever fully recovered from having my girl friend on my shoulders for soooo loooonnnggg!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Paul Simons concert in the Park 1991 (NYC)

(Apologies for resurrecting such an old thread, but I'm having the very thought now while listening to the above album out my back in the sun with a beer)

Also, Pink Floyd The Wall circa 1981/1982
    Any Queen gig (when they (Freddie) were on form)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,413 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Live aid 1985 ,Live 8.and Live Earth

Any Queen gig with Freddie

Any Thin Lizzy gig with Phil

Guns N Roses during the uyi era

Any Big 4 tour concert (why oh why didn't mcd bring a show here ??)

Any concert by the Dubliners with Luke Kelly

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Nirvana SFX,91 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The Zombies

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

PTH2009 wrote: »

Any Big 4 tour concert (why oh why didn't mcd bring a show here ??)

:confused: All those bands are in Europe practically every summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

How big we going on this? Haha gigs we missed before we were born?!

Top 3?

- Grateful Dead, Barton Hall Cornell, Spring '77.
    - Zeppelin, Earls Court, May '75.
    - Beatles, NME poll winners London May '66.

Prince in Malahide is the one I think I'll regret in the future however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Gave away 2 VIP tickets to Bowie's last gig in the Point in 2003 ... still for the life of me cannot remember why

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

The crucifixion, I hear the Roman backing band really nailed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Electric Picnic 2005 - I listened to that Arcade Fire album all year in college but Oxegen 2004 had really put me off festivals and Oxegen 2005 finished me off.

Didn't go to a festival again until EP 2010 and have gone every year since. Couldn't believe how good it was. Chilled, mature crowd, no tent burnings and most importantly, food stalls that weren't just chips and burgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Rammstein, The O2, 2012

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Queen at Slane
    Would liked to have seen Amy Winehouse live too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Led Zeppelin in Madison Square Garden, I think it was 1972 or 1973? The one thats on DVD anyway. Tbh id give my left nut to have gone to any Zeppelin gig, including the 2007 one. Red Hot Chili Peppers at Slane in 2003.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

Got to be Prince at Malahide Castle. It was me dads 80th birthday party that night. Oh the conflict.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭micar

MadYaker wrote: »
    Led Zeppelin in Madison Square Garden, I think it was 1972 or 1973? The one thats on DVD anyway. Tbh id give my left nut to have gone to any Zeppelin gig, including the 2007 one. Red Hot Chili Peppers at Slane in 2003.

Was at that slane gig.

Queens of the stone age were class

Foo fighters were class

Red Hot chilli peppers were....meh!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭micar

Led Zeppelin
    David Bowie 1970s
    Nirvana reading
    The kinks
    Cream
    Thin lizzy
    Polyphonic spree
    The doors
    Pink Floyd
    The animals
    Queen

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Neil Young (early 90's when he was supported by Sonic Youth in the 90's and in the 70's during the tour for Tonight's The Night)
    Nirvana (Live And Loud)
    Isle of Wight festival 1970
    Stone Roses (Blackpool 1989)
    Pixies (Brixton 1991)
    Kate Bush on her only tour
    Beatles 1966
    Radiohead (Glastonbury 2003)
    Ramones (London Roundhouse 1976)
    Any Joy Division gig

Advertisement