Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constant Log-In problems...Grrr

Options
  • 13-10-2006 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭

Over the last two months I have being having constant log in problems, I log-in for instance in After Hours but after logging in it shows that I haven't logged in at all, I then have to go into a thread before it might recognise me as logged in.

It is becoming really annoying and just now I had spent half an hour writing a nice bit of advice for a guy over in Green Issues about growing his own crops and I press submit, I get please log in :mad: :mad: And I for once hadn't copied as I usually do almost religiously into MS Word before submitting. It is becoming yet another tedious annoying about this site, no proper search for a year. Now I can't even log in properly, and before I get check your system, I am on Firefox and formatted last week due to other PC problems, so obviously it is not on my end.

Another thing I am well sick of having to logout to view the politics forum, Earthman (or tristrame as it says now) banned me from Politics (Unfairly for comment posted on a thread before it was moved to his moderatorship) Anyway I am banned but why can't there be a function so I can at least read the forum without logging out, like prevent me from posting but not reading the damn thing.

I like this site alot and spend alot of my time on here as do countless others so please oh benevolent mods, admins etc, hear my groveling at yer feet of power.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

You have some kind of cookie blocking software installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

wetpisskid wrote:
    why can't there be a function so I can at least read the forum without logging out

http://nologin.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=99

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Your login problem is as Hobbes said being caused by the cookie being blocked and thus your login period going *poof* That or you are on a ropey connection that shifts IP every 20 minutes.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I've been having similar log in problems in college. When I log in on the main page (with the last few posts in all fora listed) it goes to the "Thank you for logging in" screen then back to the main page, where I'm still logged out. Yet if I log in on any other page on boards, I stay logged in once I don't go near the main page, which will log me out if I go to it. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Log out of boards, then clear your cookies and cache.
    Log back in again from the main index page: www.boards.ie/vbulletin/index.php and tick the "remember me" box.

The problem is on your end NWK. If it was sitewide this forum would be flooded with complaints.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

John, your college proxy is probably causing a problem with logging in. I have a similar problem in work.

College poxy more like!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

John wrote:
    College poxy more like!
    Its not the college proxy, I'm on the same proxy (or set of proxies) as John and I don't get this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

netwhizkid wrote:
    Over the last two months I have being having constant log in problems, I log-in for instance in After Hours but after logging in it shows that I haven't logged in at all, I then have to go into a thread before it might recognise me as logged in.
    Forget cookies, proxy's and such nwk.
    It's just a hint organised by the admins to ask you, "Are you *sure* you want to log in netwhiz? Wouldn't you prefer to web-frequent and 'contribute' somewhere else?"
    Or in other words, PFO!
    Sorry to be the one to break it to you!
    Really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Forget cookies, proxy's and such nwk.
    It's just a hint organised by the admins to ask you, "Are you *sure* you want to log in netwhiz? Wouldn't you prefer to web-frequent and 'contribute' somewhere else?"
    Or in other words, PFO!
    Sorry to be the one to break it to you!
    Really!

Where have you been these last few months, we're missed you dreadfully in the 'dome :)

• Advertisement

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    Its not the college proxy, I'm on the same proxy (or set of proxies) as John and I don't get this.

It's strange as I get it on all the computers here. Haven't tried my laptop because the wireless network doesn't seem to like it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Make sure also that you are logged in on www.boards.ie as even http://boards.ie or [noparse]http://sparky-s.boards.ie[/noparse] will make you feel like your logged out as it is a different subdomain and hence a different cookie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

HavoK wrote:
    Where have you been these last few months, we're missed you dreadfully in the 'dome :)
    I've been lurking around.
    Mainly waiting, gazing at netwhizkid's public profile, building a simple enough database analysing and forecasting when he's gonna be logging on and attemptng to jam the system briefly at teh very same time as he hits log in so that it doesn't work basically.
    Is there anything that excel can't do?
    Especially now that there's a vibrating version on Windows07!*

*Unfortunately this may not be as true as I would have hoped :(

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I've been lurking around.
    Mainly waiting, gazing at netwhizkid's public profile, building a simple enough database analysing and forecasting when he's gonna be logging on and attemptng to jam the system briefly at teh very same time as he hits log in so that it doesn't work basically.
    Is there anything that excel can't do?
    Especially now that there's a vibrating version on Windows07!*

*Unfortunately this may not be as true as I would have hoped :(
    Apparently it can't translate itself into html. :/

Advertisement