Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb cap notification

Options
  • 13-10-2006 10:15pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Dear Customer

It has come to our attention that you have vastly exceeded your usage limit for the broadband package you have selected.
    As a result your connection speed will be limited for the coming days to bring you back within the agreed usage limits.
    Should you require more download allowance, you should consider upgrading your service package.
    Once you are back within the agreed limits we will naturally reset your
    connection.

You can view your traffic statistics via the following webpage
    http://mytraffic.digiweb.ie

If require any further information please contact support@digiweb.ie

Support Team

Upon checking the link: bullxd7.jpg

I could have sworn i always have Dumeter turned on so
    I consulted it; for the last 2 months (2 months since format):

report2jy9.jpg

When did a Download limit turn into a total bandwidth limit.

I am currently on the DSL PRO package which cost €96.79 a month

I originally signed up for the 2nd business package which never stated a bandwidth limit, in fact thats why i agreed to pay €107 originaly for my 1 Mbit connection, which has been upgraded to 3MBit and now 4Mbit for the past while for a reduced price of €96.79

It never really occured to me how bad it was but i have just realised i Pay almost €100 for a 4096/384 (Theoretical 512kb/48kb) in Practice i get 420kb sometimes max down / no more than 37/38kb up and a total bandwidth of only 60GB :confused:

More importantly its the 13th of a new month, what the hell are they doing with their past 30 days. Am i correct in thinking that my bandwidth counter is reset at the beginning of each month?

I only noticed it now as the notices went to my junk mail, but am i expected to pay close to €200 every 2 months for a bandwidth of 60GB for the duration of them two months?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭alanbk

I thought I found a provider that was fair. Now looking at your post,I am beginning to wonder. Really, do these people just want money for nothing? When will we have a decent BB service ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Digiweb use a sliding window or rolling 30 days. So DU meter and Digiweb won't match. Look at the Digiweb usage graphs and you will get an idea of how soon the throttle will end.

Many operators add upload + download as it is traffic that costs money, not the direction of it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

The graphs dont show for me when i click the link, just an empty window

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭bindybandy

Yeah I got caught the same way a few weeks back. I did not realise until after they sent a mail that it is based on a rolling 30 days rather than "per month".
    I was a bit annoyed at first as it is not explained clearly on the site and is tucked away in the T&C's.

I'm used to it now but they ought to explain it better in their marketing to manage their customers expectations really. The rolling cap in my opinnon aint exactly what I wanted but I supppose given a choice between that and an ISP that actually works well it's a no brainer.

Advertisement