Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Experience in some sort of Environment place.

• 13-10-2006 10:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭

Howdy, After seeing AL Gore's new movie An Inconvenient Truth I was thinking Id like to do a work experience week in some place that has to do with climate change and global warming. Now I'm not talking about information centres like Enfo or places which will be just me being told what I already know, I'd like to actually get to work in a place where I can see first hand the experminets and calculations they do to determine pollution etc. Anyone know of any such place?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

hmm Al Gore, what an inspiration eh? (although now I wish he won the election in 2000 instead of George W. Bush) but you could try your county council, they do a lot of stuff in relation to the environment I think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

<3 for Al Gore. The County Council seems like a good idea, but I think they'd have me just picking up litter someplace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

a friend of mine got some work exp in South Dublin County Council but it was just office stuff I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Some girls in my class went to Coillte... they plant trees! Only they just did administrative things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

We need trees! Not fac-trees!

• Advertisement
Advertisement