Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording to PC

Options
  • 13-10-2006 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Hey guys,

My band and I are wanting to record our sessions (normally about 3 hours long) and we want good quality recordings to be able to record ideas that are posed and different riffs produced, then be able to listen back over ideas etc.

Ideallly (now im not sure if this could even work) I'd like to set a laptop in the middle of the room and we all sit normally around the room and play away. Now I have a microphone but I know it wont be able to pick up our voices and some of the sound very well. What I want basically is some help picking the right microphone and software needed to record such a long practise session.

If I'm not making my point clear enough or you just don't understand please post below! Other then that, all help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Rebeller

Not too sure about mics but a good basic piece of audio recording and editing software is audacity. The price is great too.......it's free!

It's open source which means no proprietary audio formats and no need to worry about restrictive licencing terms.

You can download it here

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

You should check out the forums at the same site for help with using it.

good luck:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You'll need a fast disk to be sure of no "hiccups".

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

What's your budget? Do you have much experience recording bands? Is it just for listening back to your ideas so you can work on them or are you hoping to make demos to give to people?

Advertisement