Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our ticket office shambles

Options
  • 13-10-2006 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

I've alluded to the legal situation during the Summer at THFC's ticket office on the soccer forum, for those NotITK a nuber of our ticket office staff were arrested during the Summer on suspicion of fraud. The case is on going, so no further comment on that.

Of course, the loss of experienced staff led to a number of problems for the club in processing ticket sales etc. First to fall victim was the season ticket exchange scheme, finally being introduced a couple of weeks ago. Online sale of away tickets is still awaited. Problems were experienced for the Brazil friendly at WHL a while back, which was a serious blow to the club with many fans left queuing for their tickets after kick off.

Recent decisions to categorise out home UEFA Cup group ties as Category A and to process autopay transactions for out Bucharest game in December as early as last week leave a bad taste in the mouth. A number of fans have been charged twice for the same transaction, and I've just found out I've been charged when I didn't select autopay at all! :mad:

The season ticket release scheme appears to be pointless, I've released my West Ham ticket yet the club site says "tickets unavailable" and the match can't be selected on seatbooker. I'mnot the only one,how are they planning on selling released seats when they won't advertise them?

On top of that, I had to have my season book reissued recently and they managed to mix up my season ticket ref number with my club membership ref number, and despite the fact that some dope of a turnstile operator took the wrong voucher for the Prague game (even though I handed him the right one) they can't sort it out until whatever day they use the voucher that was taken off me.

Shambles.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Same shambles for me - i also released my ticket but the match is sold out, so how are they going to be sold. I already missed 2 other sell out games before the system was set up.
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

A number of fans have been charged twice for the same transaction, and I've just found out I've been charged when I didn't select autopay at all! :mad:

Absolutely fcukin disgraceful,

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

E-mailed the club this morning after an hour of trying to get through by phone, still no reply...
    Imagine my surprise to hear that I had signed up for Autopay and that I had been allocated a ticket for our home tie against Dinamo Bucarest! Thanks for thinking of me and all, but I *DID NOT *select Autopay when I renewed my season ticket, and have no interest in receiving a ticket for the game, as I would need to take two days off work to attend and I object to the pricing structure for our UEFA Cup ties.

Please cancel the assigned ticket allocation, remove any mention of Autopay from my season ticket and refund me all costs that I have incurred as a result of your error. For the record, the recent transactions on my credit card from THFC are as follows:

*Debit: *€75.96
    *Credit: *€71.94
    *Debit: *€67.03

Note those figures are in € not £stg. By my reckoning, I am due a refund of €71.05. I can provide documentary proof of those transactions if required.

While I am in contact with you, can I also ask why official club channels continue to state that tickets for our home tie against West Ham on Sunday are unavailable? I released my seat through the ST exchange scheme on Thursday, and am aware of at least two other ST holders who have done the same, both at least a week before myself. How do you intend to sell those seats if you do not advertise them?

Funnily enough, Seatbooker says my Wham seat is resold, no mail for that either. F**king amatuers.

Meanwhile, the club continue to issue a stock reply to all of the ST holders who've complained about the UEFA pricing and the ridiculous issue re. Autopay and fans being debited for their Bucarest tickets 2 months in advance. Seems they can't train TO staff but they can teach secretaries how to cut and paste...:mad:

I sent email also to ask how you can sell tickets that nobody knows you have.
    I got this response

Good Afternoon

Thanks for your email

The Ticket exchange ticket will be released the week of the game or on the match day we will resell them.

Thanks

Still not any wiser - but we will wait and see.:confused:

galinka wrote:

The Ticket exchange ticket will be released the week of the game or on the match day we will resell them.

Thanks

More nonsense as far as I'm concerned.

If I was in the habit of checking whether more tickets had become available I'd probably give up by the week before, assuming that anyone who wasn't going to go would have released their ticket before then (like us two ;) )

Why haven't they communicated that through official channels so fans know to check the week before?

Mate, log on to Seatbooker to see if yours is sold yet, you can access it through the same link you used to release the ticket. Mine says its sold, but knowing our shower thats probably a f*ck up.

Seriously, the admin side of things at the Lane is f*cking up a lot of the good will that exists from last season. The clubs response to legitimate criticism of UC ticket pricing and the conduct of the TO re. autopay is appalling. See the Supporters Trust link here

• Advertisement

Tickets released by ST holders for West Ham are finally available for purchase on Seatbooker.

no request yet for voucher though!!:cool:

Advertisement