Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Driving Mat

• 14-10-2006 12:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭

Ok folks,

I've finally sucumbed to peer pressure and bought myself a set of golf clubs last weekend, I've never played before, but everybody I know plays (almost without except).

I also bought a large practice net which I've set up at the bottom of my garden. One of the many advantages of being a cultchie is that I've got a large garden with nobody beyond me for about 1 mile. So nobody should die if I miss the net (again).

Anyway, since last weekend I've been out every night and I must have spent a good 8 hrs practising my swing and now my garden looks like a mud bath. Does anybody know anyway of protecting my lawn ? The net came with a small (1ft by 2ft) patch of artifical turf, but I'd really like something bigger that I can stand on.

does anybody know where I could get something ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭TOm Kelly

When I practice chipping, I use a bit of carpet to protect the lawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

Bought a mat before in golfworx-it was 1.5m square and came with 12 practice balls. 3 months ago it was on sale to 7e,keep checking around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 masterclass

Hi,

I would recommend not using a mat. Your divots can be a crucial way of finding out where you're going wrong, if you're blocking or slicing etc ...

I don't know much about grass though...keep moving your net and after all your practicing just put in a large patio :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Redjeep! wrote:
    Ok folks,

I've finally sucumbed to peer pressure and bought myself a set of golf clubs last weekend, I've never played before, but everybody I know plays (almost without except).

I also bought a large practice net which I've set up at the bottom of my garden. One of the many advantages of being a cultchie is that I've got a large garden with nobody beyond me for about 1 mile. So nobody should die if I miss the net (again).

Anyway, since last weekend I've been out every night and I must have spent a good 8 hrs practising my swing and now my garden looks like a mud bath. Does anybody know anyway of protecting my lawn ? The net came with a small (1ft by 2ft) patch of artifical turf, but I'd really like something bigger that I can stand on.

does anybody know where I could get something ?
    Blanchardstown(Tyrellstown) Driving Range has closed down (or is about to) you could try ringing them and seeing if they'll sell off their mats, just a thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Try the Buggyman in Kill, Co. Kildare.

Best quality mats are 300 euro each. Excellent quality.

S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭Redjeep!

Thanks everyone.

I'll give the driving range a call, they may have one left. I can't see me spending euro300 on a new one just yet.

I've tried the carpet approach and it worked ok for a while, but didn't protect the lawn completely and now smells like a dead dog after being damp for so long.

Advertisement